Just discovered this site

Options
emily_b
emily_b Member Posts: 2
edited 23. May 2009, 17:03 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I'm Emily. I've had symptoms of arthritis since I was 11 or 12, diagnosed with 'rheumatoid arthritis' at 15. Now I'm 23 and still trying to find a way of coping with chronic pain and tiredness. As well as trying to do everyday things, do a job and maintain relationships. I do ok! I just wish that I could help people who don't have the condition to understand what it's like sometimes

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    emily_b wrote:
    Hi, I'm Emily. I've had symptoms of arthritis since I was 11 or 12, diagnosed with 'rheumatoid arthritis' at 15. Now I'm 23 and still trying to find a way of coping with chronic pain and tiredness. As well as trying to do everyday things, do a job and maintain relationships. I do ok! I just wish that I could help people who don't have the condition to understand what it's like sometimes

Hi Emily :D

:D Welcome to the forum. :D Sorry you have had to look for us but pleased you have found us all and hope to hear more from you on the other zones.

I am pleased to hear that you are doing ok. Perhaps you have some good ideas and tips for us on here. We would all totally agree that people who do not have any form of arthritis do not seem to understand what it is like. There are often threads on that topic.

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    hi and welcome!
    i sometimes think that someone should invent an arthur symulator (sp?) so that people without it could actually feel for themselves, even if it just made there joints unusable, they would get an idea! but i guess thats abit nasty of me really!!!
    any way, glad you found us, everyone is so welcoming and helpful so feel free to read or ask anything, almost!
    sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Emily from me and welcome!!
    Too right it would be great if others could find out and understand just for a little while :wink:
    Hope to see you posting on some of the other forums soon?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • mrsmopp
    mrsmopp Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Emily

Im a newbie also. Just found this site a couple of months ago. Its brilliant. Im hooked on it. I find the people on here are sometimes more helpful than my own doctor. Its sooo good to hear from people that really understand what you are going through. Keep well.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hello Emily

Nice to meet you and welcome to the site Poor you suffering so young my heart goes out to you. I think the coping problem is never ending but we just manage because there nothing else we can do. By the Way i have RA and PA Pa for 30 years and the RA 4 years ago coping ok but you know what its like it gets to you from time to time, Glad to hear your getting on with things and got yourself a Fella LOL. its good to keep busy it keeps your mind from working overtime with the RA. Drop into the Chit Chat Forum its a good place to get to know the members and its chat about anything.
    Living With Arthritis is as it says and you can talk about your illness
    You should be able to give out some good advice to the younger people who drop in and us oldies to. Well hope i see you round the site Take Care.
    Colin