Hi, new to forum and arthritis

Options
charlotte34
charlotte34 Member Posts: 26
edited 14. Jun 2009, 09:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, im 34 and finally got to see a consultant 3 weeks ago where i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, i also mentioned pain in my knee and thumb but felt i was brushed off, the pain in my thumb got worse this week (its agony)

Yesterday i went to the occupational therapist for my splints for carpal and she showed me my notes that also said i had osteoarthritis in my thumb so thats what the pain was! shame the sonsultant didnt tell me.

I now have to wait 2 weeks to see my GP to discuss my arthritis, so im just necking co codamol while i wait.

I cant move my thumb now, or put the slightest pressure on it i did get a thumb splint as well as my carpel splints which is at least stopping moving it.

There are so mnay things i havnt been able to do but i fint people are very unhelpful and just tell me there are people far worse off than me. Im a single parent with over 90 pets as i rescue them so life is pretty difficult now as i have no help, hopefully people here can understand how painful this is and that im not trying to shirk my jobs or whinge for the sake of it.

Sorry for the long negative post but im slightly stressed by it all.

Oh i live in wigan lancs :-)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Charlotte

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing you posting on the other sites. We all know where you are coming from when you say people do not understand the pain we go through.

I have oa in my thumbs and have had steroid injections which help for a time.

Please do not apologise for stressing out on here. That is what we all do!

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julielt
    julielt Bots Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi charlotte,
    just like to welcome you to the site . I'm pretty new here myself too and I love reading the posts on all of the sites.
    Sorry to hear your in so much pain. Unless people have been through the same type of symptoms you can get with arthritus / carpel tunnel etc they just don't understand . Thats wht I love coming on here because we're all in the same boat and can relate to each other.
    Lets hope you get sorted out quickly with the right treatment and painkillers etc.
    Must be a bit mad in your house with all those pets lol. Please try not to worry because stress only seems to make the pain worse in my opinion and thats the last thing you need.
    Take care
    Julie. :)
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Welcome to the site nice to meet you, You might find if you post on Living with arthrits you will get some good advice on the Carple Tunnel and for a bit of a break the chit chat forum is good for getting to know the other member. Its a great gang of people on the site and some of them in simular circumstances as yourself. Sorry to hear your a biy down and i hate it when people say theres always someone worce off. We already know that. The problem with Arthritis is that you can look well and feel awful and people just dont understand. Pain is pain and its its difficult to get on with things when your suffering. Well Take care and keep you chin up.
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Charlotte
    Welcome form me!
    Not helpful is it when people say there are others worse of.....
    Who said this was a competition. WE KNOW that, but we are living it here and NOW and they are NOT!!
    Anyway
    you have come to the right place for support and help and somewhere to vent your frustration :wink:
    Good to have you on board.
    take care
    Toni x
  • michael7272
    michael7272 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Post deleted as it is aiming to sell a miracle juice

YEH