sick note vs fit note

Options
justinbarrow
justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
just been reading about the replacement of sick notes with a new thing called fit note.

I have been giving in sick notes for the last 9 years and just wanted to ask if anyone knows what they are about i s it aimed at people who are on leave from work due to illness or simply aimed at everyone.

I hate asking for sick notes as i feel i am being branded with the people that get them even when there isnt anything wrong with them.

Just wondered how it is likley to effect the genuine people as i am struggling at the moment

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, although now you'v mentioned it, I can remember reading something a few months ago. I'll try and find out, but it sounds like another of out governments splendid ideas to cut down on the amount they have to pay out :!: :roll: I think they want us all to go and get one of the non-existant jobs that people who have been made redundent are trying to get! :? Sorry to rant on! :oops: LOVE Sue
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi, not heard this yet.

But after my fall and they gave me Gabapentin, I asked the quack for a week's line to let the meds work.

He said NO. Under no circumstances will you be fit to work until after you've been seen at the Pain Clinic. He gave me a month's line, even my Manager was puzzled it wasn't 4 weeks as they usually write.

When I told him that I can't be off a month or I'll go mad, he said well you aint going back early unless I say you are fit and I'm not signing you back until I'm sure. Even when work visited my house, they said the same thing. They were actually very supportive and me and my hubby were :shock:
  • justinbarrow
    Options
    it does seem strange here is the link...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_178447

I have to keep submitting them but it does seem like they are changing things and like already pointed out how it will work only time will tell.

Apparently its all done via the internet and its more of a report than i med 3 certificate and goes into any alternative tasks to can perform etc.

my doctor is very supportive of my condition and i hope this new system dosent penalise the people that need it the most it seems drs are being forced to police the whole system aswell as treating people :roll:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    just been reading about the replacement of sick notes with a new thing called fit note.

I have been giving in sick notes for the last 9 years and just wanted to ask if anyone knows what they are about i s it aimed at people who are on leave from work due to illness or simply aimed at everyone.

I hate asking for sick notes as i feel i am being branded with the people that get them even when there isnt anything wrong with them.

Just wondered how it is likley to effect the genuine people as i am struggling at the moment
    a lot of people out there sighning on that could work even if they have to change jobs all the government is trying to do is work out what kind of work they r fit 4. if u r bad then they wont be able to put u in a work catagory. i know couple of people who could work as fitter than me they choose to claim incapasity ben instead i work part time all can manage these days but dont want to go off sick till have to sure they work cash in hand every now and then makes me mad its there 4 people like u who need it
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    my last sick note was ,off until further notice so i am not having to keep going back to the dr , has he wrote me off as a lost cause or is he not bothered about my health :? :o
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • justinbarrow
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    my last sick note was ,off until further notice so i am not having to keep going back to the dr , has he wrote me off as a lost cause or is he not bothered about my health :? :o

I suppose it depends how old you are and if the dr sees a real chance of you getting better before retirment age. Like you say some Drs dont like to give indefinate notes for fear that the pateint will think they havennt got a hope in hell chance of any improvment.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    I suppose it depends how old you are and if the dr sees a real chance of you getting better before retirment age. Like you say some Drs dont like to give indefinate notes for fear that the pateint will think they havennt got a hope in hell chance of any improvment.

now i do feel fantastic thanks i am 55 , and not much use to any one lol
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • justinbarrow
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    now i do feel fantastic thanks i am 55 , and not much use to any one lol

Lol My point is they are less likley to give an 18yr old an indefinate note given the length of time to retirment age

Hope you are ok i hope that when i get to 55 i will be feeling less pain as i started this at a young age so am hoping to feel young again in my old age when it comes along :D