Hello i'm new update

markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
Went to see atos yesterday,very pleasant to talk to.He asked me all about my oa and agreed i should have been able to have returned to work with adjustments.
He agreed i am covered under dda and that i have a serious underlying medical condition.I asked him if i could be medically retired,he said no but i may get finished under medical inefficiency but that would be down to Govenor.

I have had part of my grievance upheld but un surprisingly not against my claim for discrimination.I have gone to final stage at work.

I have filled in most of ET1 ready to post to the tribuneral but i have to wait 28 days,i might win but i won't hold my breath.Also posted of dla forms.

Will keep you updated,at least i should be back at some kind of work real soon. :)

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's good news Mark, looks like things are finally happening for you :-)

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Mark
    Well done you!
    So far so good then?
    Do let us know how you get on
    Take care
    Toni x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    hi
    I`m glad things are going more positively for you.
    NB
  • markc1
    hi
    I`m glad things are going more positively for you.
    NB

Until i get shot down again next week...prison service is like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get!! :shock:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi mark hope it all goes ok 4 u next week :) good to get good news .a lot of people on here seem to get discriminated against how do the employers get away with it is it because arth. makes u feel so bad u have not got the energy to fight it or just they think u look ok so there for u r putting it on :( i wonder
    val
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Mark, sorry I haven't posted about this sooner.

You stick to your guns here. Not making adjustments and expecting a man who has had serious surgery and an obvious disability which affects his mobility to just carry on with his job, and a physically and mentally demanding one at that is outrageous.

We are all behind you, supporting your case. I bet they will be absolutely bricking it! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Keep us posted on the outcome if you can.

Take care

Alex x
  • markc1
    Thanks Alex...they are putting me on 'light duties' pending the atos report,but the doctor who examined me said i qualify under dda and have a'serious underlying medical condition'

Off course work already know this having sent me to atos last September! expect them to try to finish me under medical inefficiency we shall see on Monday when we try to sort out my sick excusals and stage 2 of my grievance.

I'm going to fight all the way as i fully believe i have been treated appalingly it won't cost me anything to fight so what have i got to lose! :x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    markc1 wrote:
    Thanks Alex...they are putting me on 'light duties' pending the atos report,but the doctor who examined me said i qualify under dda and have a'serious underlying medical condition'

Off course work already know this having sent me to atos last September! expect them to try to finish me under medical inefficiency we shall see on Monday when we try to sort out my sick excusals and stage 2 of my grievance.

I'm going to fight all the way as i fully believe i have been treated appalingly it won't cost me anything to fight so what have i got to lose! :x

Nothing at all and you have the Dr on your side which is great. We'll see what happens, but I'll have my fingers crossed for you. x
  • markc1
    Update for you,going back to work tomorrow,adjustments in place.
    You should have seen the deps face when i said i had been put on half pay without being told in writing!

Hey ho hey ho its off to tribuneral we go!!
  • markc1
    Just had word from unions solicitors good case in prospect,bit more information required, nice to see me v home secretatary!!!

I will keep you posted as this progresses,Jack start worrying i don't like you anyway!!! :x
  • kaz34ni
    kaz34ni Member Posts: 18
    markc1 wrote:
    Just had word from unions solicitors good case in prospect,bit more information required, nice to see me v home secretatary!!!

I will keep you posted as this progresses,Jack start worrying i don't like you anyway!!! :x

take him down............... all the best, keep up the good fight!
  • markc1
    Sorry to have to say this but the unions solicitors have tyrned my case down.So it looks like the scrapheap for me as i basically got told no c&r no job?
    Looks like i may be lucky(?)and get medical retirement!

Am going to try another solicitor but it appears a lot of us prison officers have got the push lately.Will keep you posted :(
  • kaz34ni
    kaz34ni Member Posts: 18
    Hi Mark, my fight is only just beginning, ive got a control of absence meeting on tuesday with my manager, only recieved letter today, so not giving me much time to arrange for union rep to accompany me... as the saying goes alls fair in love and war... hope that includes us lol, and not just management. take care.
    karen