the battle begins.....

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
I've recently had my contract terminated on medical grounds. I've was in education for years doing an undergraduate and masters degrees and I've managed to work but only managed part time. I haven't been able to contribute NI payments cause I don't earn enough. My OH works to support us both, although he's recently been made redundant but's he's managed to get another job very quickly.
Now I've started the battle with the DWP as I've applied for ESA. Obviously I don't qualify for anything other than DLA which I get £74 a month, thats it, thats all I get to live on. Stupidly, if I lived with my parents I'd qualify. I'm not asking for thousands of pounds, just a bit to help.
So I'm starting the battle to get DWP to recognise the gap in the system - if I don't, who else will?!!

If anyone else is in this position then IM me, as I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm prepared to go all the way to Westminster to get some decent answers.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello,
    I don't really know how all the benifit rules work, they are quite complicated, I do know that.

The best thing to do is go to the CAB. They have people who will discuss all this with you and now all the rules, so they can give you valuable advice. Good Luck Sue :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Well done you Jenzie!
    Go girl!
    If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. I think one of the chaps here couldn't get anything coz his wife worked too...
    Toni x
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Cheers, the DWP make me laugh.
    They sent me my ESA form which I've got a month to check and send off to change any details and 2 days after my application arrived at home I got a letter saying I didn't get it?! They also sent a letter stating my sick note would run out on the 3rd June and therefore need to send one to arrive by 4th june. The letter was dated the 8th?!!

Does the DWP have any common sense?!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi They can't find my records so need P60 for 2006 to 07. Before they asked for that, they sent a refusal as I hadn't paid any tax or insurance. Ha Ha, I wish. When I phoned they blamed the Council (my ex employer and the tax office. I'm sending them council employees details on time, my 2007 p60 so they can re-assess, Makes you sick, dos'nt it? Love Sue