New here...Hi everone

skyblue
skyblue Member Posts: 2
edited 23. Jun 2009, 17:55 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,
am new to site and looking for some help/advice along the way from people that understand what it ACTUALY means to have arthritis. I'm sure many of you have encountered the disinterested medical folk!!! but hopefuly many will have found one that actualy listens? I live in hope of finding one myself LOL. you've gotta have a little dream right? x

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    skyblue wrote:
    Hi all,
    am new to site and looking for some help/advice along the way from people that understand what it ACTUALY means to have arthritis. I'm sure many of you have encountered the disinterested medical folk!!! but hopefuly many will have found one that actualy listens? I live in hope of finding one myself LOL. you've gotta have a little dream right? x

Hi skyblue

Welcome to the site. Many of us have indeed encountered medics who have no idea about arthritis and what it can entail. Good, sympathetic ones are out there but unfortunately it would seem, they are in the minority.

Why not join us on the LWA or the other forums? We are a friendly bunch of people, all in the same boat all looking out for each other.

Hope to see you posting more,

Best wishes,
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hi and welcome!
    yes everyone here is so supportive and friendly, i don't know where i'd be without the support they've all offered.
    please do join in and post! trust me you'll feel part of the forum very quickly!
    sue
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Skyblue

A bit late but welcome from me too :) Yep I think there are more Drs. that know nothing about arthritis and don't really want to than ones that do. I'm sure there are some out there though, we just have to keep looking :) Hope you find one soon.
    Love
    Vonski x