Im new anyone heard of Seronegative arthritis?

allypally
allypally Member Posts: 10
edited 16. Jul 2009, 06:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, Im new to the group, really looking forward to getting to know people and learning new hints and tips :D

I was diagnosed with Seronegative arthritis in August 08 however I'm not sure which type I've got.Ive just turned 25 and finding it difficult to deal with especially now its coming into my fingers and wrists. I've been taking anti inflams to ease it but I feel its developing and the anti inflam are masking whats actually going on- does that make sense!

I just wanted to see if anyone else knew anything about this type and just wanted to learn hints and tips, old wives tales and stuff.

Would be great to here for anyone,

Cheers allypally! :)

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi,welcome from me,if you post on living with arthritis forum you may get a better response.
    i know there are others with sero,neg.
    i have osteoarthritis so cant help much with your question.i was diagnosed in aug too.
    hope to see you around,debsx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    allypally wrote:
    Hi, Im new to the group, really looking forward to getting to know people and learning new hints and tips :D

I was diagnosed with Seronegative arthritis in August 08 however I'm not sure which type I've got.Ive just turned 25 and finding it difficult to deal with especially now its coming into my fingers and wrists. I've been taking anti inflams to ease it but I feel its developing and the anti inflam are masking whats actually going on- does that make sense!

I just wanted to see if anyone else knew anything about this type and just wanted to learn hints and tips, old wives tales and stuff.

How about alcohol, lots of??? :lol:

did you get diagnosed my gp or consultant?

Janie
  • allypally
    Hi,
    like the suggestion! :lol:

was diagnosed by a Consultant although they thought i had cysts in my feet had MRI scan I think I confused them for a while. Had one appointment with Rheumy and they had a quick feel of my feet and other joint and that was that - arthritis! :?
  • allypally
    thank you for replying and the hint!
  • susie51
    susie51 Member Posts: 57
    allypally wrote:

I got same diagnosis and I am 5years down the line, I have been taking Methotrexate which after an intial booster of cortisone seems to have knocked RA back into check. My understanding is that Metho does just slow down the progress of the disease to a very large extent and can even put it into remission, good luck with that one! I am coming to the end of my tether with Methotrexate though because I havent had a rest from colds all winter and lots of other bits and peices going wrong health wise and have decided to investigate other options (as you will see from my other posting here) I feel that Methotrexate has compromised my immune system and I cannot live with another winter as bad as the last, I even have a really bad head cold as I write this. I do hope this helps, I remember coming to terms with what it all means and it was hard but this site definitely helped me, just keep asking the questions and moaning the moan and one day you will find that you feel in control of your life again, good luck Susie
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Dear Allypally

Welcome to the forum

I believe Seronegative Arthritis belongs to the same body of highly flammatory arthritis as Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondilitis (can't spell it)
    Did you ever suffer from acne? I believe sufferers of acne can get your type of arthritis. It may be helpful if you put a question to the Helpline team.
    I have Psoriatic Arthritis, but have never really suffered Psoriasis badly. I think that sometimes the psoriasis may manifest itself later. I hope not.

When I started on MTX I was given a couple of different steroid injections one before I started on 10 mg and then again when I went up to 15 mg, now by injection. Couldn't disperse the tablets into my system properly because of stomach problems.

On top of the PA, I also have RA and PMR (Polymyalgeria Rheumatica and bursitis and on top of all those Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, conditions all aggrevated by the RA. so as my GP said today, a very complex lady.

I hope you find all the answers you need on this forum. I have found it very inspiring.

joyful
  • auntie
    auntie Member Posts: 41
    Hi allypally,

I'm 21 and have recently been diagnosed with seronegative arthritis. my doctors reckon it could be a form of psoriatic arthritis as it runs in the family but I haven't got the psoriasis yet and like the previous poster hopefully never will!!! I've just been prescribed methotrexate and will be starting taking that in the next week or so - I don't really have much experience with this whole thing as it's only just starting for me really but it helps to read what other people say about all the drugs and their experiences and stuff - makes you realise you're never alone!!!
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Allypally, can help a little here, when I was diagnosed 13 years ago, it was with Sero-negative RA, my Rheumy told me that it sometimes develops into another form of RA, 5 years later mine developed into Severe Reactive RA, hope this helps love Jaspercatxx