hello

bones1
bones1 Member Posts: 5
edited 9. Jul 2009, 15:53 in Say Hello Archive
:) helloo all my name is debi and i am new to the forum i have just been diagnosed with RA and fibromyalgia and it is sore painful.I am 37 and come from newcastle hope to spk to you all soon x

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi and welcome!
    i'm glad you've found this forum, it's the best place for support, advice or just having a joke! so welcome again!
    sue
  • bones1
    bones1 Member Posts: 5
    thanks hun
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Debi

Welcome! Sorry to hear your diagnosis but we are all in the same boat here with one kind or another or a double whammy like you and it is a great site, both for laughs, info and sympathy.

Look forward to seeing your name dotted around the different zones.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello debi.

Welcome to the forum
    There is a posting gone on today about how it seems that arthritis only attacks older people like me. I'm 65 soon and I was diagnosed officially about 4 years ago, prior to that it was put down to gout and before that, a torn ligament which never seem to get better.

Anyway, the fact that you are only 37 with many of the gang also being young, it just goes to show how wrong people are.

On one of my many visits to my GP last year, he remarked that he had had a sudden surge of arthritis sufferers diagnosed, a bit like you sometimes get a sudden surge of cancers diagnosed in another area. It seems that this disease is on the increase or perhaps it is suddenly getting a lot more attention because of the medications they are producing. I do hope you get your medication sorted soon. Is your GP referring you to a Rheumatologist at the hospital and if not, you need to push this. The sooner you start the right medication, the sooner you will help to stop joint damage. All the best

joyful
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hello my name is Deb and I am 37!!! I have RA and lupus. The site is great for info and support.

Deb
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi there!

I am 37 too and have had RA for 14 years so yes us younger ones do get it too!! Whenever I go to see the consultant or nurse, I sit there with older people so it is of some comfort that there are people my age who have it as well on thi site. But does that mean that by the time we are of state pension age we will be a lot worse having RA so young??? :?
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Debi, hello and welcome, I was diagnosed with RA at 37 and have lived with it for 14 years, love Jaspercatxx
  • lorraines
    lorraines Member Posts: 77
    Hi Debi welcome to the forum I don't often reply but like to read al the messages which I have found very helpful I have PA had it since I was in my thirties but took a good while to be diagnosed anyway just wanted to say Hi and welcome to a fellow Geordie hope you get yor pain sorted asap :)
    bones1 wrote:
    :) helloo all my name is debi and i am new to the forum i have just been diagnosed with RA and fibromyalgia and it is sore painful.I am 37 and come from newcastle hope to spk to you all soon x