Shouler Pain

unofon
unofon Member Posts: 3
I have had a savere pain in my left shoulder for several months and not so painful in my right shoulder it got so bad that I cannot lift my (l) arm at all I had two steroid injections in my shouder to no avail finaly got to a physiotherapist 7 weeks ago after my initial blood test shown some inflamation physio also gave me 2 injections one in each shoulder to no avail at the same time I saw a Consultant Rheumatologist who said it was probably RA but would need a further blood test still waiting result 7 weeks .
I had Prednisolone for 2 weeks which did not work I am now on Voltarol dwhich dont seem to work.
pain is worse when sitting down and have not had a good night sleep for months as pain is worse at nght painkillers only have a marginal effect

Any comments would be greatfuly recieved as I have been off work for a month prior to that I was in Turkey on holiday and the pain there was worst (heat)

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Unofon,

Welcome to chat to Helplines. I wonder whether you'd be able to ring us and give us a few more details before we try to signpost you? There are quite a few questions which might be helpful to explore, but a situation like this one can be full of unanswered questions and may not resolve quickly.

Sometimes it's helpful just to be able to talk things over and be listened to, and we'd be happy to give you some time if you'd like to ring us. We do appreciate how frustrating and upsetting this kind of uncertainty can be.

If you need to ask questions of the medical people (which we are not) the kinds of things which might be helpful to explore with those who are medically qualified might be:
    what do the recent x-rays/scans show?
    what are the exact results for
    ESR, CRP, CCP, RF, FBC show (get the rheumatology nurse to earn their keep by explaining this fully - you can make an appointment with them.)
    What kind of interim self-management does the physiotherapist suggest for now?

Good luck and hope we can help further.
    Guy
  • unofon
    unofon Member Posts: 3
    Hi Unofon,

Welcome to chat to Helplines. I wonder whether you'd be able to ring us and give us a few more details before we try to signpost you? There are quite a few questions which might be helpful to explore, but a situation like this one can be full of unanswered questions and may not resolve quickly.

Sometimes it's helpful just to be able to talk things over and be listened to, and we'd be happy to give you some time if you'd like to ring us. We do appreciate how frustrating and upsetting this kind of uncertainty can be.

If you need to ask questions of the medical people (which we are not) the kinds of things which might be helpful to explore with those who are medically qualified might be:
    what do the recent x-rays/scans show?
    what are the exact results for
    ESR, CRP, CCP, RF, FBC show (get the rheumatology nurse to earn their keep by explaining this fully - you can make an appointment with them.)
    What kind of interim self-management does the physiotherapist suggest for now?

Good luck and hope we can help further.
    Guy

Hi Just back from the doc
    All test for ra are neg but showing imfamation ostiarthritis now on etopan xl 600 mg etodolac and doc is chasing up the physio.
    As i am on Rosuvasatin and Oimesartan (i'm 62) he will be monitoring BP regular,I could retire but would be bored prefer to work but shoulder pain is bad and worst at night , hope the new tablets work.

What is the phone NO ?
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    What is the phone NO ?[/quote]

Hi

The Helpline Phone number is 0808 800 4050. Really hope the new tablets work.

Best wishes

Simona