OA my update

mandyt
mandyt Member Posts: 8
Have seen the consultants this week at the hospital and they have finally decided that they will give me a hip replacement. :D I am very pleased with this outcome because at 36 years old i want my life back, so now there is light at the end of this very painfull dark tunnell. To give my advice on to others dont just sit down and go with what they want because they wanted me to have another cortisone injection into my hip and there was no way that i was having that again. Good luck to everyone else who is in the same boat as me because we can get treatment.

Comments

• mandyt
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, i will be having my left hip replaced and they recon within the next 3 months. Yeh i am hoping to be able to return to my work afterwards as i work for the NHS as a cardiographer.
    What arthritus do you have?
    speak soon,

Mandy

so pleased for you mandy well done ! 36 is no age to stop living! so how long a wait is it for you? 1 hip or 2 ! will you be able to work after? sorry i is nosy :roll: again im so very pleased for you x
  • alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    Hi Mandyt Good to hear you have got what you wanted , i had mine replaced a couple of years ago and a knee last year it was the best thing i ever did , i have got rid of the terrible pain that made my life not worth living ... hope it all goes well so you can get you life back all the best alicea
    mandyt wrote:
    Have seen the consultants this week at the hospital and they have finally decided that they will give me a hip replacement. :D I am very pleased with this outcome because at 36 years old i want my life back, so now there is light at the end of this very painfull dark tunnell. To give my advice on to others dont just sit down and go with what they want because they wanted me to have another cortisone injection into my hip and there was no way that i was having that again. Good luck to everyone else who is in the same boat as me because we can get treatment.
  • mandyt
    thanks very much for your good wishes.
    Take care

Mandy x

alicea wrote:
    Hi Mandyt Good to hear you have got what you wanted , i had mine replaced a couple of years ago and a knee last year it was the best thing i ever did , i have got rid of the terrible pain that made my life not worth living ... hope it all goes well so you can get you life back all the best alicea
    mandyt wrote:
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi Mandy
    Thats Great you stuck to your guns and told them what you "NEED". I know that all the do-gooders tell you to exercise, which is good and you need to do because it builds up your muscles, then they say to "try cortisone injections" which just prolongs the problem, BUT it doesnt cure the WORN parts, the only way they can do that is by replaceing them.
    Denise.x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Mandy
    Good to hear your update. I hope all goes well with the operation.
    Best wishes
    Val