Pimp my splint

page35
page35 Member Posts: 1,081
edited 8. Feb 2010, 01:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi
i need to wear a wrist splint now sometimes, mainly for work.
its brown and boring
i want to "pimp it" "jazz it up" just make it look a bit more fun so when i look at it i can smile not feel sad cos of what arthur is doing to me.
any ideas :?: i need to be able to wash it.
any one else decorated any splints, sticks, wheelchairs ect :?:
page

Comments

• suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    slip over some stretchy material stck on sticky back studs/shapes
    fur you could colour coordiate your outfits to match joanne
    Joanne
  • page35
    Thanks for the good ideas guys
    rehab- the glow sticks would not only be good in blackouts, i would be very popular at a rave too :D
    Thanks again both of you :D
  • ritnew
    ritnew Member Posts: 338
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about walking sticks and crutches, we thought about starting a knitting circle for slip on covers to co ordinate with outfits, we need to include splints.

Could be some money to be made here. :lol:

All in a good cause of cause. :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi
    You can get well-jazzy walking sticks can't you? But not splints they are a very manky colour - i suppose meant to be skin colour?
    I like the sock Idea I think it could work!
    Let us know how you get on!
    Love
    Toni xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I've been trying to think what I can do with my splint. Perhaps dyeing it - it hurts to sew sequins on. My fingers are so sore even touching these keys.

I've got plent of acrylic paints upstairs. Paint a picture of my OH - now that would be wearing my heart on my sleeve wouldn't it?
    Do you want me to do the same for you. Perhaps a picture of your favourite celebrity - who do you fancy?

joyful
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Page,

How about the paint they use for t-shirts and stuff? That's what I plan to do less its blue...... I like blue! :wink:

Take care,

'Your' eccentric 'auntie'....... :lol::lol: x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Rehab I'm up for that......... Tree swinging in it? Luv 'Auntie x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Page,

How about the paint they use for t-shirts and stuff? That's what I plan to do less its blue...... I like blue! :wink:

Take care,

'Your' eccentric 'auntie'....... :lol::lol: x

My splints are a loverly shade of neoprene Blue!! 8)
  • page35
    Hi all
    My OH got me a fake/fancy dress tatoo sleave, its sort of tights material it goes over it quite well.
    i am going to try to make something else myself to cover it so will let you know how i get on.
    can you get different coloured ones? and if so where do you get them? the OT said they do black but she couldnt get them, so i had to have brown.
    Thank you all for the ideas :D

Auntie cris- i like blue too and pink, green, orange, purple anything really but brown it feels like and arthur colour.
    the OT told me most people dont ask about different colours , probably cos they are so happy to get a bit of comfort they dont worry about the colour. but i want to make my splint mine not arthurs, so i will. :D
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Tell us how you get on with your arty splint joanne
    Joanne
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Ooh I like this idea - mine are naff beige that always look grubby! Have seen some blue ones - am going to get some, at least they'll look cleaner! Makes me think of Kim and Aggie with furry gloves-was just thinking how nice a band of sequins round them would look! :lol: My colleagues would just laugh, they know my liking of all things shiny already!!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    you could use velcro to fasten things on so you could remove it fo washing
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hmmm you can get loads of stickers on the web just have a look around there’s bound to be something to use, try looking on Google for sticker girl, their a US company that will ship to the UK but also look around in general there’s loads of em out there.
  • valval
    rehab44 wrote:
    Paint it black, mount a gun sight on it, when some gives you grief, you say.. slowly..“This here's a Page 35 Magnum, the most powerful arm cast in the world, and it can knock your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?
    bet you got one like that rehab
    val
  • valval
    i had pot on my right arm and a lad kept saying hit me on the head in the end got so fed up with him saying you daren't that i did as hard as i could.his mum came around ours complaining lol told her he asked me to she said if he asked me to jump off a cliff would i well no but i might have shoved him off did not tell her that lol
    val
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    thanks for bumping this up. Will take some suggestions on board.
    x
  • mellman01
    Where did page 35 go has she morphed into sally 36??! :?
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    just been looking online and there is so much info I can't choose what to buy. Can people tell me whether the supports with a metal bar in or the wrap around ones are best? If you want to tell me a brand I would love to hear about it but can you PM me? Thanks.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    What about using nail varnish.

Sorry if it has been mentioned there are too many to read through.

Or getting coloured stones which you punch in with a machine It could sparkle.

Trish xx
  • mellman01
    page was in a little while ago Mell, :wink:

Was she!?, Hmmm it's dark now and there are wolves outside!. :? :?:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    You can get some lovely material for leotards, stretchy material.You could stretch it over the support.I buy my daughter loads of leotards.....psychedelic,velvet,sparkly and have some old ones that could be cut up if you want to try.
    Personally I would attach metal spikes or studs!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    When I was still nursery teaching a couple of fashion trends swept through my classroom that still warm my heart.....

I often wore bright blue splints on my wrists and the children used to come in wearing painted blue loo rolls on theirs!!! :shock: They were hilarious and really brightened up my days!! :lol:

When I had eye problems I used to wear my sunglasses inside and out so many of the children insisted on following suit and would come into school sporting their shades! 8)

I think to the casual observer we all must have looked like an odd bunch! :lol::lol:

Arna x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Arna!

those lovely kids :) How sweet :D

Love

Toni x
  • page35
    Mellman i started this thread back in july, sally was asking about splints and Lynn bumped up this thread for her.
    the wovles didnt get me :lol:
  • page35
    rehab44 wrote:
    Paint it black, mount a gun sight on it, when some gives you grief, you say.. slowly..“This here's a Page 35 Magnum, the most powerful arm cast in the world, and it can knock your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?

Hay rehab thats a great idea, im going to "Play War" next week, well airsoft, you know nutters running round a field with play guns, so i might use that idea.
    thanx