pension

bevman
bevman Member Posts: 107
hi i am just having a moan really i have been off work for the past 18 months with sever authur i am basicly in a wheel chair i was approached by my HR about ill health retirment but was turned down i am now appealing and it is so stressful my consultant is supporting me but my HR manager said off the record that he think,s i was turned down because of my age i am 53 and have worked for the same place for 30 years.I have been in touch with my union and have had no help whatsever paid for 30 years and never asked for help..The only people that have helped are the pension advisory service they have been really good.sorry for the moan.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Bevman
    No need to apol for moaning - sounds like you have good reasion to feel p***ed off. Do you think that they would have to pay you too much if you finish then? Who do you work for?
    Do you have to go off sick for so long that it costs them so much to cover for you and they give in?
    Toni x
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    bevman wrote:
    hi i am just having a moan really i have been off work for the past 18 months with sever authur i am basicly in a wheel chair i was approached by my HR about ill health retirment but was turned down i am now appealing and it is so stressful my consultant is supporting me but my HR manager said off the record that he think,s i was turned down because of my age i am 53 and have worked for the same place for 30 years.I have been in touch with my union and have had no help whatsever paid for 30 years and never asked for help..The only people that have helped are the pension advisory service they have been really good.sorry for the moan.

Can I ask which Union it is as I had to do the same thing 3 yrs ago and found my Unison Rep was excellent, he attended all the meetings with me and met me before each so we could update each other on things and he could advise me as to what was going on behind the scenes and although I thought it was going to be a nightmare stresswise his help and support made it so much easier and I got a the result I wanted early ill-health retirement. Ask who your rep is and contact them personally..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • bevman
    bevman Member Posts: 107
    hi my union is the LAUT and i have phoned them every week and the union rep does not get back his secratery tells me how busy he is and that he is the only one who can deal with it i have never met with him and this has been going on now for 18 months i have just heard that my pension are now sending me to another rummy for his opinion so i am waiting for the appointment.I think it will be turned down again although my own rummy is furious and is very supportive.I think they have turned it down because they will have to give me my pension as if i had worked till i was 62 istead of 53.i will not be able to appeal for 6 months and it has to be with new evidence but my RA is so sever now and all the meds i am on including TNF the only new evedence will be if i croak it.
    thanks for listining Laurence