hospitals

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
Hi
I went to see the rhuemy nurse two weeks ago to see about pain in my hip. after x-rays they said that my hip joint was deformed and i would need to be seen by orthopedics. The pain in my hip and feeling of it coming out of its sockets is getting a lot worse and i no cannot sleep well.

i have been waiting for two weeks for the appointment to come through. I phoned the rhuemy nurse but am still waiting to get back to me. Is there any i can do as I am off for six weeks and would like the appointment as soon as poss.

Thanks
Gemma

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    Did your rheumy nurse say she or someone from the rheumy department would make the appointment for you? People are often sent back to their GP who makes the referral through the 'Choose and Book' system. Do keep trying to get through to her as she is the person who can answer your question at the moment.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks
    they said they were going to refer me! I will try her later if she hasnt rung me. I know im impatcient but its been two weeks and i havent been sent an appointment through! I need to get this sorted as its affecting my quality of life now

Thanks

Gemma