Works Occ Health tomorrow

eileenc
eileenc Bots Posts: 118
Hi everyone - I was just sitting having a wee look at the letter that the work occ health sent to see what I needed to get organised for tomorrow - as well as the things I thought I would need like names of consultants, meds etc etc I also need to take photographic identity to prove I am who I say I am - thank goodness for driving licence as I don't have a passport!!
Anyway - I'm beginning to get a bit nervous now and am not looking forward to it - I'm worried about what they will think of me and what decisions they will make - I know that I'm not physically able to do my job as a special needs nursery nurse............but i've done it for over 20 years and I'm really worried what this change will mean to me.....since being diagnosed with RA it seems like everything is changing around me and I don't really have any real say in it - I know I have tried to cope by being very matter of fact and realistic about things to make things easy for other people as much as myself .......but I'm frightened. Don't know why - just that I am.
My appt is at 3.15 tomorrow afternoon so I'll let you all know after that how things went.
Hope everyone is ok(ish)
Eileen ((())) x

Comments

• lesleygraham
    lesleygraham Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Eilen
    I have been off sick with RA for six months and had to see occ health again last week. She said she was going to reccommend I go back to work at the start of the term (I work in a college) even though I was rather apprehensive. I know I'm not well enough but I will go along and 'play the game' as, if I get finished from work, I'm hoping to retire on ill health grounds to get some form of pension. I think it's just a matter of time before I have to give up work permantently, unless some miracle drug comes along.
    Good luck this afternoon.
    Take care
    Les
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Hi,
    I am currently of work with RA....I know what you mean when you say RA changes everything ... :oops:
    All you can be is honest ....hopefully they may be able to give you a different role :?:
    I have a meeting tomorrow with HR and my area manager and im nervous too...
    Good luck and let me know how you get on
    xx
  • eileenc
    That is me back from the Occ Health and it went a bit differently from what I thought - they were very nice and said that there was no way I could go back in my present role but were swithering between redeployment and the other option of retiring through ill health so I will have to see another doctor who has the responsibility for making that decision......so will just have to wait until that appointment comes through - I was really hoping that they would just say redeployment and miraculously a perfect job would materialise within the next 3 weeks (my current sick line runs out in 3 weeks). Ah well - such is life.
    love Eileen x
  • eileenc
    topgirl wrote:
    Hi,
    I am currently of work with RA....I know what you mean when you say RA changes everything ... :oops:
    All you can be is honest ....hopefully they may be able to give you a different role :?:
    xx

Hope everything went ok at your meeting. I was thinking about you today as I went off to my meeting.
    love Eileen x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    topgirl wrote:
    Hi,
    xx

Good luck topgirl for your meeting today. Let us know how you get on? Hope that you take someone as support, if not take notes while you are in the meeting. Quote DDA if they start on you!! Thinking of you

Janie :)
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    well , what can i say......
    Went into my meeting ''tooled' up and ready to fight my corner...and.....it was FINE :shock:
    My area manager and HR said to take as much time off as i needed and when i was ready to come back they will do everything they can to help me....!!!!!!
    I was totally shell shocked as my area manager has got a terrible reputation....
    Came out feeling much better......
    Thanks for everyones support
    love
    Kay
    x