Rib pain = RA?

Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 19. Jun 2010, 16:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI everyone,

finally starting to surface from the horror of last week. NEVER going to talke steroids again ...... SO disagreed with me. :x :x

GOne from being manic and sleeping 4 hours a night, to not being able to get out of bed till 10 .... lazy so-and- so (or so the dog thinks!! :wink: )

I mentioned that myside was sore, seemingly between my ribs, when I saw the nurse for my injection yesterday. She thought I had probably overdone it last week when I couldn't feel it, and was paying now.

Just wondered if RA can affect between the ribs - it feels very sore when anything presses even slightly on the skin (sleeping on that side is a no-no) or if I should be more worried.

Seeing consultant next week, so could maybe ask then. If he is in a good mood! :roll:

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Wonky,

I get pain between my ribs (and every other moveable part of my body) during a flare - it even hurts to breathe :shock: - so yes you can get it there with RA. (I think.)

Luv Legs :roll: :D

PS I would mention it to your Rheumy even if he's in a bad mood - poor soul :roll: - he should try living with what we've got :x
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I mentioned my sternum-ache to the rheumy this morning - he WAS in a good mood bur still didn't explain it and my lumpy toe and ..... :(
    Hope it goes off!
    Love
    Toni x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Hi

I get the pain between ribs and I have RA

It was 'hinted' at rheumy appt one time, that I could have Fibromyalgia as well
    and certain parts of the body can be sore to the touch,
    my hips have the same feeling, not the usual RA pain,
    but more of a soreness .

Could you let us know what your appointment brings,
    subject to like you say the mood of the consultant.

Tip toeing and egg shells job eh?

Kath
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    hi,i do get pain in ribs,sterum(sp)& my bust gets sore along with collar bones.
    when i 1st got dx with oa,my rhymy told me it was costochrondirits(sp)thats why i take the ibupofen for the inflammation.
    it makes my bust feel as if i have mastightus,so sore & can carry on for wks.cant even wear a bra.
    it can also hurt when i breathe in/out.sometimes i feel as if ive been run over as i hurt all over even when ive not done anything but i think thats just arthr doing his job.
    so if there the type of symptoms your getting then its diff worth a mention to gp or rhymy.
    hope you start to feel a bit better soon,luv debsx
  • Wonkylegs
    Thank you SOOOOO much for making me realise that i am 'normal' as far as arthur is concerned!!!

Linda - you sound like you know just what I mean. I hope you don't feel that way too often. :wink:

Toni - I will certainly let you know if I learn anything ..... it certainly does depend on his mood - getting a straight answer is like finding a hen's tooth some times! :roll:

OH **** can't remember who else I am replying to .... sorry whoever you are ......

I will certainly let you know how things go on Wednesday.
    I wass just a bit concerned as having just started on the leflunomide about 6 weeks ago, I am noticing things I have never noticed before. My feet are much more sensitive, and my toes too are getting 'lumpy' so glad that I am not on my own there!

thanks again & hugs to all
  • northumbrian
    northumbrian Member Posts: 25
    Hi It is possible to get inflamation around the ribs making it painful to breath at times. Only had it once and not nice and yes it is part of RA/PA. But ask just in case it is something else.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi, I get the rib pain with my Ra as well, I was told by my consultant it is possible to get arthur in the ribs. I was suprised but he did explain about connective tissue and it went straight over my head. I just knew I wasn't complaining about nothing!!! It does hurt and ache sooo much.

Hope it improves for you soon.

Deb
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    mash65 wrote:
    hi,i do get pain in ribs,sterum(sp)& my bust gets sore along with collar bones.
    when i 1st got dx with oa,my rhymy told me it was costochrondirits(sp)thats why i take the ibupofen for the inflammation.
    it makes my bust feel as if i have mastightus,so sore & can carry on for wks.cant even wear a bra.
    it can also hurt when i breathe in/out.sometimes i feel as if ive been run over as i hurt all over even when ive not done anything but i think thats just arthr doing his job.
    so if there the type of symptoms your getting then its diff worth a mention to gp or rhymy.
    hope you start to feel a bit better soon,luv debsx
    hi thanks not had oa long but was in hospital over night in jan when having trouble breathing deeply they said it was angsiaty(sorry about spelling) but when have flare up chest very painfull in that area when touched did wonder if was connected dont have rhumy and thought doc might think i was potty lol
    val
  • Wonkylegs
    my good news is that the ribs are not so sore today ..... so thank goodness for that!

feeling very tired though, so something is obviously 'active' ...... wish arthur would go on holiday sometime!!
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Hummm was just reading the posts here and answers.!!

I have had a sore spot on my shoulder blade for weeks now AS above even clothes on it hurts sometimes.. Also its a bit numb to touch sounds strange sore but numb but thats how it feels...

Any clues of whet it could be.. I have OA well thats what they said untill i has another xray and now of for MRI Cause the cnsultant does not think its OA :shock:

oH THE MIND WONDERS SOMETIMES XX
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    thanks again Lynn!