Prescription Problem

breane
breane Member Posts: 392
edited 14. Aug 2009, 16:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,is anyone else on Hydroxy and having trouble in getting their prescription from the chemist? :( I took my prescription into my usual chemist this morning only to be told the manufacturer of Hydroxy is having some sort of problem with the drug and the chemist has no stocks.I tried other chemists in my area only to be told the same thing.Luckily one chemist did have a months supply in stock which I was able to get but they have no idea when and if more stocks will be available.I wondered if anyone knows what the problem is.The chemists I spoke to seemed very vague about the problem. However,I did have good results from my GP today.After months of an abnormal liver function test,my latest blood test came back showing the liver test is now normal. :lol: It seems the OA and RA was cauing the abnormal function and the meds I've been on have helped the function get back to normal.Still have to have bloods done every four weeks though.One other question,has anyone else noticed their fingernails have become discoloured?Since being diagonsed with OA and RA my fingernails have looked slightly yellow.I did mention it to my GP but he wasn't sure why it was happening and said to mention it to the rheumy nurse when I see her end of Sept. Hope you are all having a good day. Breane.x :P

Comments

• debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, I take this and haven't heard of a problem. I wonder what will happen when I go for my next prescription. I was told that about tramadol a few weeks ago, but I went to another chemist and they had some.
    What did the gp say about the shortage? Are they going to prescribe you something else instead? My plaq really helps with the fatigue, I would be lost without it.

Let me know how you get on.

Deb
  • breane
    Hi Deb,I don't think my GP could have been aware of the problem in getting Hydroxy. :? I don't think it's just in my area as the pharmacist said it's a manufacturer problem and they are not sending out any more to chemists at the present time.Let me know if you manage to get your next lot OK. Breane. :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Blimey Breane!
    Good job I have accidentaly got a good stock of the stuff then!! Hope you get some soon or I will have to drop some off on way to van!! :wink:
    Don't worry mods - won't really!
    Hope you get some soon
    Love
    Toni x
  • breane
    Hi Toni,That's a great idea,I will let you know when I am running out of the tabs!!! :lol::lol: I've got two weeks supply by me and managed to get a months supply yesterday so OK for a while.I may ask the doctors surgery if they've heard anything.Hopefully they will soon sort out the problem.Are you off to your van soon?We're going next week so hope the weather improves by then. Breane.x 8)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Breane
    We are off later this morning! You off this week or next? We will be there for two whole weeks!!! :wink:
    I will take lap top with me!
    Hope you are keeping well otherwise.
    On the subject of the nails mine didnot discolour but stated to peel and got ridges in them?
    You have a brilliant holiday!
    Love
    Toni x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Breane
    I hope your prescription problems get sorted out.

I hadn't realised that a person could have both OA and RA. It's terrible having just one!

Someone on this site may have the answer to why your nails are yellow.

Take care.

Sharmaine
    breane wrote:
    Hi,is anyone else on Hydroxy and having trouble in getting their prescription from the chemist? :( I took my prescription into my usual chemist this morning only to be told the manufacturer of Hydroxy is having some sort of problem with the drug and the chemist has no stocks.I tried other chemists in my area only to be told the same thing.Luckily one chemist did have a months supply in stock which I was able to get but they have no idea when and if more stocks will be available.I wondered if anyone knows what the problem is.The chemists I spoke to seemed very vague about the problem. However,I did have good results from my GP today.After months of an abnormal liver function test,my latest blood test came back showing the liver test is now normal. :lol: It seems the OA and RA was cauing the abnormal function and the meds I've been on have helped the function get back to normal.Still have to have bloods done every four weeks though.One other question,has anyone else noticed their fingernails have become discoloured?Since being diagonsed with OA and RA my fingernails have looked slightly yellow.I did mention it to my GP but he wasn't sure why it was happening and said to mention it to the rheumy nurse when I see her end of Sept. Hope you are all having a good day. Breane.x :P
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    bumped this up for you,debsx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    read about this on another site dont take it myself but it must be a worry glad u got some hope back ok for next prescription :D:D
    val