Higher Model

maz6850
maz6850 Member Posts: 10
edited 1. Aug 2009, 07:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hya lovely peeps xxx .... just a quickie this time ..no moaning or complaining ...I1ve had my medicationp; am in bed with lap top (boring old soul lol) and wasting a lot of my time going through adverts for cars ..... I NEED A NEW car that will allow me easy access in and out !! I`ve had both hips done which is brillll but the knee caps and muscles do complain at trying to ease myself out of my Seat Ibiza ..ohh Ive also recently had right shoulder done so it has not been fun prising myself in an out...BUT now I can change the model and being on pension etc etc need to think about running costs etc ...so no huge engines or 4x4.... if u happy with ur motor please let me know ...love an hugs to all ur joints ..maz xx

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    have you applied for DLA.the mobility scheme you can swap your mobility award for a car.
    then you could test drive cars that suit your needs & some adaptions can be added free.
    if you google mobility you'll find a list of dealers & cars,ive just got a brouchure(sent by mistake)& it tells you mileage,running cost,emissions etc.
    the scheme includes rac cover,insurance,tax,servicing,tyres & windscreens +60,000 miles useage.
    worth a look if your not getting it already.debsx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Maz
    That's exiting choosing a new car!!!
    I have a little micra that's all, but maybe a turntable thing would help you get in and out?
    If you look on the DVLA site they tell you about emmisions by the tax you pay for you car - so you want one with low annual tax costs. I don't suppose you pay that? Hope not!
    I used o hav a sharran which was great for getting in and out of but cost a fortune!!!!!
    Happy hunting
    Toni x
  • debbieclap
    debbieclap Member Posts: 109
    Hi I had THR in Feb and having other one done this month I have found Peugeot 308SW have wide doors and not too high a step to get in also Renault Cleo was good hope this helps
    Debbie :D:D:D:D
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    i just get Fiat Panda 56 mpg 32 pounds fills the tank electric stearing great for those of us with bad hands hope it helps pauline............
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    mash65 wrote:
    have you applied for DLA.the mobility scheme you can swap your mobility award for a car.
    then you could test drive cars that suit your needs & some adaptions can be added free.
    if you google mobility you'll find a list of dealers & cars,ive just got a brouchure(sent by mistake)& it tells you mileage,running cost,emissions etc.
    the scheme includes rac cover,insurance,tax,servicing,tyres & windscreens +60,000 miles useage.
    worth a look if your not getting it already.debsx

Hi Maz :D
    I went with the scheme that debs said about, applied for DLA under my own steam and got granted high rate mobility and we were able to go out and get a car, i got the Kia Ceed, its FAB, nippy (i'm a bit of a female Jenson Button :roll: !!!) and the doors open 70% wider than most cars, and this is as standard. TRY you never know!!!
    take care, Sally.xx