No date for op yet!!

denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 2. Aug 2009, 09:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went for my pre op yesterday and because I have had some chest pains since last Sept. And I have been seen by a cardiologist and had a nuclear heart scan. I will have to wait for a appointment to see the anaethestist to discuss any possible heart probs during my op. as I am quiet willing to have a spinal, so I cant see much of a problem, the nurse said I should have my op within 6 weeks (obviously as thats the time scale from the pre op) The thing is that they must know the date of my op because I have had the letter for the pre op for months now and surley they must arrange them all together.
They treat you like you dont have a life, I need to organise things at home and at work so having a date would enable me or organise my life and "PANIC" ha ha more efficiently.
Denise.x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Denise
    How exiting!!
    I had nuclear heart tests a while back and they came back fine. YOurs will too and hopefully you will get your date any day now>
    Then you can stop panicking and satrt organising yourself :)
    Good news
    Toni x
  • debbieclap
    debbieclap Member Posts: 109
    Hi Denise
    I am still waiting for a date for my THR had one in February I phoned up the other day to see if they had a date they said I should cancell all appointments and holidays so I can be ready to go when they wroite so yes they do expect us to put our lives on hold But you can't do that its not on so I have decided to do the things I can and want to do and they will have to wait for me (I will just keep taking the painkillers) been waiting three months now
    Hope you get a date soon
    Debbie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Denise
    Wow you had an interesting pre op!! Hope you get the results and all clear soon.
    You are a step nearer, and I agree with you, by having a spinal should put less stress if any on your heart. Well less stress than the wait and PANIC!!
    i will keep looking out for new posts with your date etc... PM me if you want to chat xx
    NB
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    Well done! I'm glad you'll soon be having your op and I'm sure everything will go well for you. Good luck, Love Sue.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Denise

Hope you hear very soon so you can get as much PANIC into your life as possible :lol: The waiting is the worst and I'm sure that once your date comes through you'll become the epitomy of efficiency and organise your work and life in a whirlwind that'll surprise even you :wink:

Luv Legs who's using big words tonight :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Hi, i went for my pre-op on monday and got told the date then.

For me it was exactly two weeks - not im in full panic mode, the date certainly makes the panic more focussed!!

I hope everything is sorted for you soon
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    miss_l wrote:
    Hi, i went for my pre-op on monday and got told the date then.

For me it was exactly two weeks - not im in full panic mode, the date certainly makes the panic more focussed!!

I hope everything is sorted for you soon

WOW 2 weeks thats what I thought I would be told, but I think they like to see me tremble with nerves.
    hope all goes well for your op.
    Denise.x
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Hi Denise, how frustrating! Ive been there and done that :wink: But, remember, better to be on the safe side, thats how I look at it. It is hard when you want to plan things though, we havent had a holiday, had to cancel a weekend away, as I was supposed to have had my op by now, and these things were booked in feb! Im still taking it a day at a time, and its proving to be helping with the nerves :wink: jk