After six months of waiting ...

miss_l
miss_l Member Posts: 138
edited 2. Aug 2009, 15:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, after six months of being messed around and waiting i finally have a date for my hip replacement ..... 10th August!

Provided it doesnt get cancelled (fingers crossed!)

I'm so nervous at the moment, the surgeon wants to do it under a spinal - im not to sure about that!

I cant believe tho after 15 years of OA it will finally be getting behind me!

Just thought i would share my exciting news!!
x

Comments

• denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Thats great news soon it will be all over for you, thats a very long time to let you suffer with your hip, Although I have suffered with OA for for 16 years in my back I have only suffered with it in my hips for approx 18 months and I know that I am quiet lucky to have been referred to the consultant as quick as I have and to be getting a replacement this quick.
    Anyway it will soon be all over for you, just look to the future when you have recovered from the op and are on the road to being "back to normal". I will be worth it in the end......or so everyone says and dont forget you are not alone, the support network is here for you.
    Denise.x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi miss_I, good news and a very auspicious day as it's my birthday so on the 10th I will be thinking of you and I'll have a drink or two to celebrate your new hip, good luck!. :wink:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    That's great news Miss.

n025.gif

Hope it all goes well.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    Congratulations! Its great to actually have a date to get prepared for. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that nothing delays you now. :D:D Good Luck and Love Sue
  • alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    miss_l wrote:
    Well, after six months of being messed around and waiting i finally have a date for my hip replacement ..... 10th August!

Provided it doesnt get cancelled (fingers crossed!)

I'm so nervous at the moment, the surgeon wants to do it under a spinal - im not to sure about that!

I cant believe tho after 15 years of OA it will finally be getting behind me!

Just thought i would share my exciting news!!
    x[/quot

Thats great news, dont worry about the spinal its nothing to worry about I know that wont help or stop you worrying ,it is frightening soon be over think how much life will improve . I had my hip replaced after years of pain best thing i ever did . all the best sandra
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, that is great news for you, I can understand why you are worried it is only natural, the spinal would be a good idea you won't feel a thing love Jaspercatxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Miss
    I am very very pleased for you! so soon too!
    You will have to let us know how you get on.
    We will be thinking of you - I have heard the epidural is the best way forward recovery wise :wink:
    take care
    Toni x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    I have been hoping you got a date soon . try not to worry about the op and spinal etcc... It will mean an end to all that awful pain and be well worth it, I promise xx
    Not long now so enjoy the out doors for the next couple of weeks (forget the rain) . If you want to chat please PM me xx
    NB
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Miss_l.
    I'm so pleased you have a date for your opp try not to worry.
    i've had my hip 16 years now and my birthday is the 9'th aug i will be thinking about you.
    on the 3'rd of aug i go up the hospital to see what can be done about the disc pressing on the nerve. take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Hello,

Good luck with the op. Let us all know how you are progressing.

Anne
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Good news! Not long to wait, were both in the same boat then, Im going on the 5 aug! I cant wait to get rid of the awful pain, made worse by all the rain were having :roll: Ive just put a new topic up asking whose got recent op dates and then I saw your post. Well good luck and remember, your not alone, all the best jk
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Hi miss-1 :):):) the very very best for the 10th August, its awful the messing about they put you through . so all the best :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mike R & Hazel Mike JR :):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    ikesother wrote:
    Good news! Not long to wait, were both in the same boat then, Im going on the 5 aug! I cant wait to get rid of the awful pain, made worse by all the rain were having :roll: Ive just put a new topic up asking whose got recent op dates and then I saw your post. Well good luck and remember, your not alone, all the best jk
    great to hear good news :):):):):):) all the best for the 5 th lets us know how you get on , :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :

P s, is it normal to see a surgeon from the very start , he is cofusing me ( getting used to that now)

Mike R & Hazl & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Miss

Good luck for 10th, don't even think that it could be cancelled. Hope it all goes well and you get great relief.

Hi JK

Good luck to you too 5th very close. Hope yours goes well too with very good results.

Love
    Vonski x