Employment Tribunal

karenblack
karenblack Member Posts: 12
Good day everyone, I have not been on this Forum since May when my employer was trying to force me out the door. Well here is an update as to what is happening.
I eventually returned to work on 8th July after having over a year off with maternity. My employer changed my contract to a temporary contract until 8th December and cut my hours from 30hours per week to 7.5 hours per week without any discussion even after they sent me to Occupational Medicine for medical to see if I was fit to return with my RA. I did not get the new contract to sign until after I returned to work and had to request this, but consequently refused to sign new contract and started a grievance which eventually went to board of directors as I work at a residential school for children with behaviour and emotional problems as a housekeeper. On 24th July I lodged paperwork to an Employment Tribunal for Breach of Contract and Disability Discrimantion Act 1995 which has been accepted by the tribunal and now contemplating resigning and take the company for Constructive Dismissal. Any one have any thoughts on this.

Karen

Comments

• harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi Karen.
    Well, you go girl :D , thats all i can say, i think its awful the way they have treated you and they deserve all that you throw at them, good luck and let us all know what they outcome is and how the process goes.
    i think a lot of us would do this to our employers if we had the bottle as it makes me angry the way they think they can treat us, just because this isnt a visible illness. best wishes and will be thinking of you.
    Sally. :D
  • karenblack
    karenblack Member Posts: 12
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    harleyd14 wrote:
    hi Karen.
    Well, you go girl :D , thats all i can say, i think its awful the way they have treated you and they deserve all that you throw at them, good luck and let us all know what they outcome is and how the process goes.
    i think a lot of us would do this to our employers if we had the bottle as it makes me angry the way they think they can treat us, just because this isnt a visible illness. best wishes and will be thinking of you.
    Sally. :D
    Thanks Sally,
    I am quite lucky in that my partner was a union rep for many years and he has done every thing for me but it is not a case of bottle, you should never be afraid to stand up to an employer because this is just a form of bullying, I will keep you all up to date, I now have to wait 28 days to give my employer time to answer the claim, it can take up to 26 weeks for the actual hearing but I promise I will keep you all posted. I anyone needs any advice please dont hesitate to get in touch.

Karen