Hi

hellywelly1
hellywelly1 Member Posts: 6
edited 16. Aug 2009, 12:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, My name is Helen i am 41 (going on 70),I have my first appointment with a reumatologist next week.My GP is fairly confident I have RA . I have been very suprised by how quicky I have changed from a reasonable fit and healthy person 3 months ago to how i am now.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi all, My name is Helen i am 41 (going on 70),I have my first appointment with a reumatologist next week.My GP is fairly confident I have RA . I have been very suprised by how quicky I have changed from a reasonable fit and healthy person 3 months ago to how i am now.

Hi Helen :D

Welcome. :D:D First of all I wish you all the very best with your first rheumy appointment. Please let us all know how ou got on. Please join us on the Living with Arthritis zone. There is loads of advice there and should you have any questions, for example, what you should perhaps be asking on that day or anything really and we will all try our best to help you. We are all under the same umbrella with "arthur" so you have no need to feel alone with this, if you were.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Hellywelly

A big welcome from me.

It is pretty awful how this R.A hits you so suddenly.It did the same to me.It was a massive shock!

I was 36 and a new mother when it started.

Keep on postin
    Luv
    Tkachev X
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Hi Helen,
    Hi & welcome. I'm new here myself. Similar to you I'm only reasently been diagnosed. I'm 38 and xrays revealed Osteoarthritis in my neck.
    At least once you find out whats wrong you have a reason as to why you are feeling so rotten and in so much pain. Which for me helped.

Carol xxx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi HELEN,

Yes it can certainly happen quickly it was 2 weeks for me!!

Keep posting, you will find us good listeners and we give sound advice too and have a laugh. We know what you are going through so please use us, we dont mind.

Good luck for your appt.

Janie :)
  • hellywelly1
    hellywelly1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for all the comments, I will let you know how I get on on Wednesday (I am a bit nervous)I am quite fortunate that I have private medical cover through my work so that has enabled me to see someone a month sooner than on NHS.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Hi Helen
    Welcome from me! Rather belated as I have been away!
    I woke up one morning stuck myself so I know how quiclky things can happen. Once you have some decent meds sorted though you should be able to get your life back on track.
    Take care
    Toni x