Hiya

robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 2. Sep 2009, 12:53 in Say Hello Archive
Finally diagnosed with RA after nearly 2 years of 'if and maybe'. Started on Methotrexate 2 weeks ago. It doesn't like me much at present, nausea and sickness most days. Hopefully will overcome this.
Struggling to cope with it all at the moment.........

Rob
Roba045.gif

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Rob,

Just here to give you a wave and a welcome.

g020.gif

I, too, am a rheumatoid - I have a few more years under my belt than you. :lol:

Side effects of Mtx can settle down, mine did, but to help with the nausea (I was actually vomitting too) my GP gave me anti-sickness drugs. Are you on folic acid to help counteract the side effects?

Anyway come and join in on the other Forums - we're all quite friendly :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    linda is right, anti sickness really help, i to was sick on mtx but it does settle! also it's worth talking to your rheumy or gp regarding the flic acid, i was only told to take 1 folic acid a week but after advice given on here i spoke to my rheumy nurse who suggested upping the dose and now my sickness is much better.
    mint tea is another great help to ease the sickness, i can't say it tastes great but it does help, i promise!!!
    any way, welcome and yes everyone is friendly and supportive so it's great you found us!
    sue (also a rheumatoid sufferer, for about 2 and a half yrs now!)
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to the 'club'. Its all a bit shocking when your first diagnosed isn't it? Takes time to sink in, and accept, but your still YOU and you'll still be able to enjoy life so try to stay positive :)

Jackie
  • robertls
    Thanks..................The last year has been hell.
    My arthritis appeared just before my wife of 35 years (who I love so much) disappeared.......well left for someone else.
    The 2 together just about destroyed me.

Rob
    Roba045.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Rob

I am very sorry to read your messages. Welcome to the forum - at least we all know what arthritis is about, to a greater or lesser degree on here. Please join us on the other forums - you will get lots of sympathy and we all help each other as much as possible.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Rob
    Welcome to the forums from me too.
    I am sorry bout the RA and about your wife :(
    So now you have found us! and the only way is UP!!
    As others have said are you on any antisickness meds?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • robertls
    Yep GP gave me antisickness meds.......Still throwing up thou'.

After many weeks of 1 step forward 3 back, I'm managing to do 1 forward 1 back, and even 2 forward 1 back on a really good day.

I know this will sound pathetic.....but how do you mend a broken heart??
    Thats set me off again........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Ahh Rob :(

Your heart will mend itself.

Please don't blame yourself or your arthritis - it's just so sad that they have both happened :(

All the old clichés come to mind about time healing and everything else but there is alot of truth in them also.

One day you'll not feel so quite sad and things will improve gradually for you.

Come and join us and we'll help when we can.

Hope you start to feel better very, very soon.

Luv and cyber hugs (( )) Legs X
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Robert, welcome to the site, belatedly!! Better late than never!! :D Hope today is a good day for you. Take things one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Things will get better.

Take care

Deb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    robertls wrote:
    Yep GP gave me antisickness meds.......Still throwing up thou'.

After many weeks of 1 step forward 3 back, I'm managing to do 1 forward 1 back, and even 2 forward 1 back on a really good day.

I know this will sound pathetic.....but how do you mend a broken heart??
    Thats set me off again........

Rob x
    Hi Rob
    Linda is right our hearts do mend, but it does take time :(
    Chatting on herer and distracting yourself is one method as time passes quicker.
    One step forward and one back....mmmm.....now tow forward and one back? THAT sounds better. Here's to more of those days.
    take care
    Toni x