ACTIVIA?

alison67
alison67 Member Posts: 70
Hi all,

hope you are all well, was just wondering, do you think it'd be o.k for me to take activia or something similar to help my immune system?

I'm currently taking 12.5mg of Methotrexate in tablet form, and, as much as i hate taking it, it does help a great deal.

I just worry about my immune system being low and have just got over a nasty bpout of Swine Flu!

Any advice would be great :lol:

Thank you.x

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    alison67 wrote:
    Hi all,

hope you are all well, was just wondering, do you think it'd be o.k for me to take activia or something similar to help my immune system?

I'm currently taking 12.5mg of Methotrexate in tablet form, and, as much as i hate taking it, it does help a great deal.

I just worry about my immune system being low and have just got over a nasty bpout of Swine Flu!

Any advice would be great :lol:

Thank you.x

Dear Alison

Thank you for your posting on the forum. It is always best to speak to your doctor if you are thinking about taking any specific supplement to make sure this is suitable to take with your medication, just to be on the safe side. If you follow the link to our information booklets on http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets the booklet ‘Healthy eating and arthritis’ has ideas of particular foods that may help people with arthritis. I hope this has been helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Hi Alison

I take healthy bacteria but in an enterically coated capsule, the ones in the yoghurt are destroyed by the acid in your stomach before they have a chance to do any good, hence the capsule.
    I take them to help keep my IBS in control and have found that they make an enormous difference to my stomach. You can buy the caps in a well known health food store. Not sure about how they would interact with your meds, so best to ask your doc.

Babette X
  • alison67
    alison67 Member Posts: 70
    Thank you for your replies. :D
    Jan, i think i shall stick with what you say about getting all the goodness from the foods we eat. Thanks again.x