new methrexate injection

Options
normie
normie Member Posts: 13
edited 1. Sep 2009, 07:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi i have just moved from one area to another across the country so needed a new rhumatologist. I have got it into place,but needed more injections before my appointment so have arranged with the nurse for some. In this area they use metoject, before i was using preloaded syringes and putting needles on myself. When mentioned this to the nurse she said that that type of methotrexate was unlicenced and they may have been using it because it was cheaper. This worried me to think i have been using a unlicenced drug. Does anyone know about this and is it something to worry about. Thanks for your thoughts

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I used to use the preloaded syringes and put the needle on, I think that was how they used to do it, mine came from a company that used to deliver them to my home, so I think it must have been ok, the new MXT injections are smaller and more concentrated, if you have any worries you should check with your Rheumy nurse, hope this helps love Jaspercatxx
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    normie, i also used the older sytle injections upto 7 weeks ago when they started to use the new metoject ones.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I think they just changed the supplier or something.I was told that the preloaded injections were being changed at any time soon but they couldnt tell when.I am in Hillingdon area.

Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein