A Blog

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 31. Aug 2009, 07:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

ive been through alot recently with my diagnoises and then with everything else it was getting me down so i started a blog:

http://artheritusandme.blogspot.com/

arthur and me! The list thing for me was being advised against a foreign trip until spring/summer 2010 becuase my joints are already stiff and we r just entering sept .. so no Paris for me under at least March :( arther is so controling

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Madness
    No HOLIDAY!!! :shock:
    Will have a look at your blog when I get five minutes - thanks
    Toni x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi, I will also read this once my eyes open fully (rough night).

I think this is a good idea, getting things down in writing really can help. It can be upsetting writing it but I'm sure you find this very cathartic. I am writing stuff down myself for myUnion who are progressing with my negligence claim. It's very hard writing because some of that stuff I have not even told my husband out of fear of upsetting him. I have shed a few tears whilst I was writing but it did feel good to get the burden off my shoulders. I hope you felt the same.

take care

Eck xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    An excellent idea Torrie. It is good to write things down. I have kept a diary for the past 20 months and it has proved very useful on occasions, to refer back. This is not particularly about me in detail, but my daily life in general and how I have felt if it has been a particuarly happy or sad time. I tend to be a creature of habit so I have no problem writing a little in my diary every night before I go to sleep. There is not a vast amount of space for each day but enough.

I wish you well with your writings and it will definitely help others as well as yourself.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Elna

reading your blog about holidays and how you don't feel you will make it.
    I am suppose to be going to Norway next year in our little car, which is hard motoring. We are travelling right up to the artic circle and beyond if possible. Will take us about 4 weeks altogether. I intend going and arthur is not going to stop me. I get so stiff if sitting too long. I get stiff and lock up if I walk too much.,but I shall do it somehow.

joyful
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Hi Elna

reading your blog about holidays and how you don't feel you will make it.
    I am suppose to be going to Norway next year in our little car, which is hard motoring. We are travelling right up to the artic circle and beyond if possible. Will take us about 4 weeks altogether. I intend going and arthur is not going to stop me. I get so stiff if sitting too long. I get stiff and lock up if I walk too much.,but I shall do it somehow.

joyful

Hi Joy

It is not me talking about a holiday and not feeling I shall be able to make it :oops: :lol::lol: I am not planning any hols at the moment but may go away for a couple of days in the uk in a few weeks time as I feel hubby needs a break as his work is quite stressful.

Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.