Feeling better

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 31. Aug 2009, 09:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I am feeling a lot better today. I think I'd been concentrating on the things I can't do, rather than being positive and thinking of all the things I can still do. Also life has been, and still is stressful, regarding my neice and although I managed quite well at the time, it has to come out sometime. Thank you for your support and suggestions. I am keeping a diary.

Yesterday was lovely, a nice lunch lots of people from the local community, farmer and people who work from home, the house is HUGE and the garden is massive, they have 2 gardeners. Both retired farmworkers. The part by the house a proper garden with beds etc and then a huge section of small parkland and a tennis court. It is possible to get lost! Would'nt want the work, though, or the bills! They are very nice people, ordinary, friendly and have worked hard for their money and like to be part of the village. Very interesting.... I had a hard job walking round the garden without a stick, told my husband I should have brought my hiking poles!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good morning Sue!

I am happy to read that you are feeling more perky today. You do have a lot going on in your life at the moment and it is good that you have decided to write a diary. I have done so for 20 months now and it it part of my life and I don't really think about it, but pick up my diary which is on the windowcill next to my side of the bed and always write it, last thing at night and then read or hopefully fall asleep! :lol: I do refer back to it so it can be very useful. We forget details so quickly unless they are written down.

Hope the rest of the day goes well for you,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    So glad you are feeling a lot more positive today.

I think it helps when you feel that your cocktail of meds have finally measured out the pain too.
    You may be tired, but it's nice when you can focus on what you can do and want to do. Hope you have a good day and tomorrow will be even better.

Just don't overdo it.

luv
    joy
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and had such a good day yesterday. :)
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    hi,i keep a dairy too.
    i can then refer back to it before i see gp or rhymy & write notes to take with me.i.e migriane attacks & the really bad days are all there.
    handy for refering back & something to look back on any progress on treatment,medication,side affects.
    great idea. luv debsx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Sue, great to know that you are feeling brighter, it sounds like you had a lovely day, which always helps to cheer people it dosen't it love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Thank you all so much for the kind words, it means so much to me. :) Love Sue
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    hi sue,sorry youve been feeling so down,its so easy to get there but even harder to pull yourself back up again.
    glad your starting to feel better.
    take care,luv debsx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Sue.
    I'm glad you had a nice time.
    after all your worry and pain.you deserve some thing nice and different.
    now you need a rest.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx