stem cells

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 31. Aug 2009, 13:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Did anyone here the news were a man got a new hip by appling these stem cell and bone donated . just heared a wee bit sounds good .

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,927
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mike and Hazel and Mjr.
    Yes i saw it.
    i wonder how long it will take to be a every day opp. when i fell over and broke my hip the surgeon asked me if i would mind giving my bone they took away to sombody else.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Mike :D

If you google "stem cells for new hip" you will be able to read all about it.

Hope you and yours are doing ok today, the sun is just beginning to shine here, hope you will share it too. 8) :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I watched it too Mike and think stem cell transplantation will be huge in the next 10-15 years. Very good news for a lot of people. If folk can use their own stem cells for these things then there won't be any of the awful side effects which one gets from using donated stem cells. Amazing, :)