Good day....so why am I so upset???

robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 1. Sep 2009, 10:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had the best day in over 18 months.
With my RA and my personnel life being rubbish for that period, today was the first time I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

So why am I now so upset and crying.
For goodness sake I'm a 57 year old man.....not a baby.

I feel like I have no right to be happy.
Not sure what I mean, but thats how it feels.

Sorry....needed to get that of my chest......

Good night all...................Rob x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    rob u r bound to get good and bad days and feeling down on good ones is all part of it so just look forward to tomorrow hopfully things will be as good when i get like that play games on face book till brain ready to sleep we all have to find our way to cope
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    I have no idea why you feel you have no right to be happy today, Rob. Perhaps it comes as a shock because you have been so unhappy for 1.5 years which is a long time. Perhaps you thought you had forgotten what feeling happy was like.

I do hope you find you are still in the same frame of mind tomorrow when you wake up. You certainly deserve to be so and long may it last.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    I am the best physicaly as my meds are controling my artheritis as i have felt in a long time but emotionaly im depressed at the moment and i dont know why as ive had a lovely holiday ect with me kids had me bedroom decorated it looks lovely. I have no anweres for you but just to say you aint only one i hope you come out of your black hole soon maybe its just a passing phase for us both heres to clear blue skys ahead joanne :)
    Joanne
  • funkym
    funkym Member Posts: 24
    hello joanne
    so not ncie those black moods all i can say is hope it passes soon hugs.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    robertls wrote:
    today was the first time I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

So why am I now so upset and crying.
    For goodness sake I'm a 57 year old man.....not a baby.

I feel like I have no right to be happy.
    Not sure what I mean, but that's how it feels.

When things go right and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it is such a relief that anyone would burst into tears. Nothing wrong with that at all. Done it myself. Let it all out and continue to feel good about yourself.

We all have ups and downs, it's part of life. I was asked the other day why I was a little sad, I was having a bad day. I can't wait to meet them again so that they see me as my normal cheeky, cheerful self.
    h160.gifh160.gifb0015.gifh160.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    funkym wrote:
    hello joanne
    so not ncie those black moods all i can say is hope it passes soon hugs.
    thankyou! :) dont think we have spoken before welcome to site if your new. :) joanne
    Joanne
  • funkym
    funkym Member Posts: 24
    Hi yes new to posting joined 2008 u welcome anytime
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    It may be that the reason folk feel down when having a "good" day is because of the realisation of what's been missing or lost to them for a lot of the time.
    I know that with me it's sometimes a case of me thinking those sort of daysare what most people take for granted, and which for some of us are few and far between. I try to enjoy them as much as I can. Who knows when they'll come again.
    Hope everyone has something nice happen to them today.
    rita
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi robertls there is no need whatsoever to be sorry we’ve all been there more than once I/we know where your coming from, It got so bad with me I would cry if I saw something on TV that was slightly emotional, my moods were all over the dam place my GP finally put me on Prozac and that really helped me a lot, I don’t know what pain meds you are on but for me I take Tramadol and another stronger one called Targinact, my GP told me that these types of pain meds lower your serotonin levels so can be one of the factors as to why I was so down. Once they kicked in which was around 2/3 weeks after taking them I could look back and see how bad I had got.
    The thing is even now the black mood returns when I have a flare up even with Prozac if it’s strong and long enough the pain will break through my defences and down I go again.
    Pain is a very personal thing but one thing is for sure and that’s it can and will effect you mentally as well as physically if it’s long term and chronic as your’s/ours is. If it didn’t you would be wearing your underpants on the outside of your cloths have a red cape and a big S on your chest. And be allergic to Kryptonite. :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi rob hope things better for u today :D:D:D . take care of yourself .
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Rob

Not many 57 year old men would admit to crying, so well done :!: Your tears are probably ones of happiness and relief that you have come through a bad patch. Sometimes it is hard to understand where sudden moods spring from, but I'm glad that things are improving for you. Crying is good for you, so they say, because it means that you aren't bottling up your feelings.

By the way, did you say you had been to Ikea? That's enough to make anyone cry :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif