hi from a work in progress

Options
jonty40
jonty40 Member Posts: 8
edited 6. Sep 2009, 04:04 in Say Hello Archive
hi all, i've just registered. i'm a 40 yr old man with a diagnosis of inflammatory arthritis. i'm told i'm a work in progress as they (gp/rheumatologist) are not sure what is causing it. i'm currently on NSAID's and steroids. i'm not feeling much better. Yesterday i started getting a burning sensation in my left thumb. what's that all about?
I'm still waiting for some blood results so maybe............

Anyway i'm glad to be here with you all!!!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jonty40 wrote:
    hi all, i've just registered. i'm a 40 yr old man with a diagnosis of inflammatory arthritis. i'm told i'm a work in progress as they (gp/rheumatologist) are not sure what is causing it. i'm currently on NSAID's and steroids. i'm not feeling much better. Yesterday i started getting a burning sensation in my left thumb. what's that all about?
    I'm still waiting for some blood results so maybe............

Anyway i'm glad to be here with you all!!!

Hi jonty

Welcome to the forum. Please join us on the other zones and ask all the questions you wish. Could be arthritis starting in your thumb?
    Best wait for blood test result first aye? We all try to help each other as much as we can and offer lots of sympathy too. We are all in the same boat to a greater or lesser degree and so if you felt rather alone with all this, you do not need to anymore.

Look forward to seeing your name on the other zones,

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site. It is very friendly and the people will support you in any way they can.

Take care

Deb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Jonty
    Very pleased to meet you!
    You ahve found the right place to be :)
    I hope your bloods give you the answers you need, but be prepared :shock: sometimes they don't!!! They can be negative and you feel let down.
    There are so many dif types of arthur including seronegative which doesn't show in your bloods at all.
    I hope you feel better very soon and in the meantime you have us to sound off to!! :wink:
    Take care
    toni x