Hi All

moogiemouse1
moogiemouse1 Member Posts: 28
edited 15. Sep 2009, 14:43 in Say Hello Archive
:D Hello to all – I have never registered with a forum before but now I am onto my second hip replacement I am hoping that comparing notes with others similarly affected will be helpful..Here is a bit about my arthritis! I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in my right hip when I was 25 years old and at 27 had a total right hip replacement (not that there was much hip left to replace!!) This lasted me well up until about two years ago when the acetabular cup (made of silicon) started to wear away and the residue began to eat back into my pelvis and cause bone loss to the top of my femur. Four weeks ago I had a revision – my surgeon replaced the cup, heavily bone grafting behind in my pelvis and popped the ceramic ball off of the top of the stem (this now resides on my mantelpiece as an interesting talking point!), replaced with a new one and then bone grafted the top of my femur. My poor old left hip, which has been taking the strain for many a long year, is now quite bad with osteoarthritis which gives me a lot of pain and is due to be ‘resurfaced’ at some point in the future. I have question about the bone grafting I have received (but I will post that elsewhere) and if anyone else has suffered from this form of arthritis at this age, anyway, nice to meet you all!

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi! i had osteo arthritis in my right hip when i was younger and so eventually about 5 yrs ago i had a resurfacing op done, so any questions feel free to ask!
    i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 2 yrs ago, so i can't help much but i'm sure someone else can!
    any way, welcome to the forum, a very friendly supportive place!
    sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Welcome moogie :D

I see you have already posted on the other forum. That is great. :D:D Hope you will like it here - lots of us do!

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi and a belated welcome to the forum from me!!

DEb