parents out there

Options
lisa11
lisa11 Bots Posts: 20
edited 23. Sep 2009, 18:38 in My child has arthritis
hi
is there any parents out there wo needs a cht our 12 year son was diagnosed with jia last october and life has been a living hell ever since we feel totaly usless and in a way i suppose it sounds hard but grieving for our son its so frustrating :!:

Comments

• cmjpreay
    cmjpreay Bots Posts: 2
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lisa

I don't often check in here and just noticed your post. My son is 12 now and was diagnosed 4 years ago. I am sorry to say the rollercoaster never ends. It sometimes slows down and we have had good times but you can never get off alltogether. Getting onto the right meds asap is key I think and you have to be strong and fight. Make sure you are well informed and go to the hospital armed with a list of questions.

Why don't you join the parents on-line bit of this forum then all the posts are together and it makes it a bit easier to find you.

Chris
  • lisa11
    lisa11 Bots Posts: 20
    Options
    cmjpreay wrote:
    Lisa

I don't often check in here and just noticed your post. My son is 12 now and was diagnosed 4 years ago. I am sorry to say the rollercoaster never ends. It sometimes slows down and we have had good times but you can never get off alltogether. Getting onto the right meds asap is key I think and you have to be strong and fight. Make sure you are well informed and go to the hospital armed with a list of questions.

Why don't you join the parents on-line bit of this forum then all the posts are together and it makes it a bit easier to find you.

Chris
    thanks for your message chris hope your son ok thanks for the advice x :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Bumped up for Louise, Harry's mum :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julies
    julies Member Posts: 68
    Options
    lisa11 wrote:
    hi
    is there any parents out there wo needs a cht our 12 year son was diagnosed with jia last october and life has been a living hell ever since we feel totaly usless and in a way i suppose it sounds hard but grieving for our son its so frustrating :!:

Hi Lisa
    I was just browsing the forum as I haven't been on for ages.
    My son was diagnosed at 13 and like you say it has been a living hell.
    He is 16 now and earlier this year he was put on to a combination of drugs which seem to be working quite well for him.
    He is now filling in forms to apply to uni next year, he got really good results in his exams even though he only managed to attend school 2 or 3 days a week for the past 3 years.
    Anyway just wanted to give you hope, with the right medication they can get their life back on track, if not back to normal
    Julie (sams mum
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry about your son, I can't help but I wish the whole family well. When someone has a problem, it effects the whole family dosn't it? I think sometimes people don't realise this, if they haven't experienced it, but thats only natural, I have a disabled neice and her Mum was also disabled. Best of luck, I'm really typing this to send your post up to the top. Love Sue :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thread bumped up for Claire (clairemanchester).

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.