help with my psoriatic arthritis

lyns81
lyns81 Member Posts: 9
Hi ,

I have been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis about a year ago, I am on alot of tablets for it , I'm taking D.H.C 60mg, Co-codamol 30/500mg, Lodine 600mg , and Amitriptyline 20mg. But over the last 2 months it's been getting worse, my arm starts to break out in inverse psoriasis which is very painful , after a couple of weeks this dies down and then I start to break out in weeping sores all over my arm, they then dry up and start to go into big flakes , I have been to the Doctor and he give me Fucidin H which it doesn't seem to work as it is making them weep more. I just would like to know if there is anything that you could recommend for me to help with the pain as I can't sleep with it, I did get steriod injections earlier in the year but they didn't help, The Doctors have mentioned methotrexate but they don't want to put me on this as they say I am too young to go on them as I am 27 years old.

Please Help
Thank you

Lynsey. :cry:

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lynsey
    You are taking a lot of painkillers but it seems nothing for your actual psoriatic arthritis. The symptoms you describe are about your skin but these do sound severe and it would be quite usual for someone who has also been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis to be taking a DMARD such as methotrexate.
    Most people in your situation would be seeing a rheumatologist for their arthritis and a dermatologist for their psoriasis. I hope you are seeing both these doctors? You shouldn't be in pain like this so do tell them just how bad it is and discuss your treatment options.
    You can get really good information via the following link
    http://www.paalliance.org/
    Best wishes
    Val
  • lyns81
    lyns81 Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Thanks for getting back to me, I am seeing a rheumatologist but I don't see him again until December at the Hospital. I can see him privatetly but just to see him costs £250. and I can't afford that as I lost my job due to my arthritis. I have been attending my doctor about my skin and I'm due to see him again in a couple of days.

Thanks

Lynsey. :)