Dexter Doodle and Debbie Hinds

debbierose
debbierose Member Posts: 403
edited 20. Sep 2009, 06:58 in Say Hello Archive
I thought I,d let you all know, what there is to know about me and my dog Dexter.
my name is Debbie I live in Durham in the ne. :D
I have an oh John married to him for 31 years. I think,
1978, :D spelling just as bad as maths, :oops: I have 1 birth daughter kimberley and another 1 adopted from the age of 13.
I don't work as such but do foster children from the age of 10 upwards, just had one move on after 4 1/2 years :cry:
we have 3 coloured show horses which we show all over the country, just competed at champinionships gaining plenty of 1st and 2nds (brag)
I have 2 dogs Dexter Doodle a black labraador crossed with a poodle, hes my pride and joy, I,ve trained him to do all sorts of things for me, brings the phone the post, my glasses, picks up things and comes shopping with me.
I also have an old girlie Asia, a lhasa apso.
I used to work with people with special needs Helping them to live independantly(HAHA)
I got arther about 7 years ago but have become a lot more ill this last 2 years, But I,m not giving in. I'll die first. :lol: thats it.

Comments

• pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Debbierose,

Nice to meet you - I get the feeling you're quite a positive person!! You must be kept very busy with your family and animals. I'd love a dog (had one a few years ago) but I work full-time as does my younger son who still lives with me so it wouldn't be fair.

I have 4 bunnies (2 bonded pairs) and while they still like human company they're fine on their own and don't have to be taken for walks etc. 2 of them are rescue buns so that's nice and each of them is so different. I think a lot of people still think that rabbits just sit there and don't do anything but they can be so much fun.

Probably see you on here again sometime.

Pheebs x
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    It's so nice to see other people posting about their pets!
    I have two cats who are just lovely. I have a big, clumsy tabby cat called Widget and a teeny tiny black cat called Alan. We adopted them both, Widget came from a friend of a friend and Alan arrived at our back door one day and very stubbornly refused to leave!
    They have a love/hate relationship with each other and are hilarious to watch when they play and wind each other up! :D
    I have always loved having pets around the house and since I have been unwell they have been such a support for me. They know when I need a cuddle and now that I have stopped working they have been great company too!
    Funny things, they are always talking to me, if only I knew what they said! ( :idea: maybe they are asking for a sister?...haha! My husband would do backflips if I did that!)

A x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, just thought I would say hello and welcome, alot of people have pets here so I am sure that more people will be along. As for me, I am 51, married to Malcolm for about 13 years, we have a huge Tabby cat who is black, dark grey and white, he is called Jasper, he is diabetic but tolerates his insulin injections really well.

He is very cheeky and has decided to sleep next door to his mum, trouble is he is trying to push me out of bed love Jaspercatxx
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, just thought I would say hello and welcome, alot of people have pets here so I am sure that more people will be along. As for me, I am 51, married to Malcolm for about 13 years, we have a huge Tabby cat who is black, dark grey and white, he is called Jasper, he is diabetic but tolerates his insulin injections really well.

He is very cheeky and has decided to sleep next door to his mum, trouble is he is trying to push me out of bed love Jaspercatxx

Thank you for the welcome - it's a great place to be!

Jasper cat sounds amazing! Just trying to give our cats a tiny worming tablet is like WWIII !

It's funny, I think Widget tries to push me out of bed some nights too!! Cheeky boys aren't they!!

A x