valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    how u do the big pics?????????
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi All,

Cauliflower cheese back with roast potatoes and some peas please........ I'll swap it for a load of eggs (my chickens at last have gone back to lay) and 2 cakes for all but one big sweet sickly one for page :wink::lol: Oh and obligatory tea please :D xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Cris.and everyone.
    nice to see you in the cafe
    could i have a mug of tea please as i was to late for my cup yesterday. joan
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    Hi Joan,

How you doing? Hey it was puppy day at the sale today...... I saw so many but one was absolutely lovely....... Quite cheap and well his new owner said they had several black and white ones and I sort of thinking should I?! I must take my lovely old girl to the vets and maybe a pup would help?

A ((( ))) just cus its sunday and I have survived one of the worst sales in terms of how much I ache and feel unwell. Luv Cris xx
  • dachshund
    Hi Cris.
    you are so brave. and a pup would be a lot of work for you its a shame when a dog has to be put down i know as mine was in jan.
    a pup is lovely and makes you laugh and cry and you dot now where you are but they are lovely.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Can I join you Cris, and you can tell me all about the puppies!

Glad you managed to get through today, although now you MUST rest. I`ve had words with Slipperboy - well Mars bars actually - and he`s going to behave.
  • skezier
    Hi Ange,

There was this one in particular, he was liver and white but he had my old ladies eyes. His owner must have thought i was stupid cus when she passed him over to hold, I burst into tears :oops: :oops: I know I have to take the old girl in, I must as to keep her much longer would be wrong and well I would like my own dog, one I chose and not just the rejects other people have damaged if you see what I mean.

Oh and there was this tiny miniature yorkie, e was so small. The a cocker x retriever and finally a lab! I also had a cuddle of a bull dog and several staffy crosses. I sell animal food and bits and they often bring me a pup to cuddle :wink:

I was amazed at just how well behaved Slipper boy was last week and though it took me a year I have become really fond of him :wink::lol::lol:

How you today and would you like a coffee or tea? :wink: Love Cris xx
  • dachshund
    Hi Cris.Angel.
    is there a mug of tea or coffee for me please.
    i have just been on the jigsaw page and done my puzzle for the day.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    Hot choc please Cris. Oh, a Yorkie! I wouldn`t have been able to

resist, although Amber was Toy size - bigger than the diddy ones.

Go for that puppy Cris, it will help when the old lady finally has to

go. With your workload, one little puppy won`t make much

difference, and I bet your pain would improve...........Much

love......Ange.
  • angel1
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Cris.Angel.
    is there a mug of tea or coffee for me please.
    i have just been on the jigsaw page and done my puzzle for the day.
    joan xx

Tea for you Joan. Would you like a cake? How about Sue?......Ange
  • skezier
    Hi Ange and Joan,

Yep Sue should come in we could we tempt her with a cuppa?

Hey your right you know, one more wouldn't make much odds and well it would help me I think as well. My biggest worry is how could I train a pup that is guaranteed to be spoilt rotten and with Haz saying "NO do it like this" all over the place? He would love one though and well I know I have to make the call and them well I could just go and look eh?.......... My old lady has this special look and the little liver and white def had it.

Maybe I should just see whats around in rescue? Springers are often in them aren't they? But would she then be my dog?

Ange you must get another, you must s it would help you and Haz said could he have a bowl of tea and another mars bar :wink: xx
  • dachshund
    Hi Angel.
    yes please and sue says hello yes please.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund
    Hi Cris.
    i had a dog no body wanted he was left down the bottom of the garden in a cage as the lady bred big dogs and the pup was for the children.
    so when my dog had to be put down maxi was 9 this year so it helped.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hiya folks

Hope you all had a good day, the cafe has been busy. Thanks for the books Ange. Val has made us a nice area for them and I do love a Jodi Picoult, and the Dan Browns will go well. :)
    Well done Deb, everyone said how nice the cheese bake was. Poor Rehab, sounds like you had a long wait for your tea with everyone so busy! :cry: (Yes love pics, wow)
    I'll have a cuppa while I'm here, we just got to persuade Cris to go for the puppy :D
    Chris :wink:
  • skezier
    Hi Chris,

I'm mostly there :D:lol: x

Hey Joan your maxi sounds lovely is he a small or a big one and short or long haired? x
  • dachshund
    Hi Cris.
    Maxi is a chocolate mini dax longhaired my treacle was a standard red longhaired and sue's feebe is a mini silver dapple she's 14 in nov.
    i know a lady who got a pup because the other dog was getting on go for it cris.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    Hiya Chris, Did you sell many books today? Sit down and have your tea.

Two mars bars for Harry - one for tomorrow! Right Cris, about this puppy. You have given SO much to rescues, and I`m sure you always will, but you will have an extra special bond with a puppy, and I feel that it would do you so much good the way things are for you at the moment. You`ve fallen in love with -- is it a him? - so don`t let him get away!

Joan and Sue, come on, join in here, to persuade her.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Cris.
    you are so brave. and a pup would be a lot of work for you its a shame when a dog has to be put down i know as mine was in jan.
    a pup is lovely and makes you laugh and cry and you dot now where you are but they are lovely.
    joan xx

I feel so sorry that you think the time has come to put your 'best friend' out of his misery. You hate to see them suffer. We lost our Sheltie 'Prince' 5 years ago now. We still can't replace him. We're still not ready. He was our soul mate almost. He knew what you were thinking andwas always a 'paw' ahead of us. If he had been human, he would have been a wonderful person, so you see, we shall know when the time is right.

joy
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    think it time to put bowls of water down for all our four footed friends sounds like there r a few and the rest of us could borrow one for half an hour for some exercise do not feel so silly walking with a dog. think we will get some doggy beds in the conservitory the underfloor heating will be nice for the older ones. can i have a cup of t been washing all day
    val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi folks

Yes Ange surprise surprise everyone seems to want the new Dan Brown, even tho it only in hardback. :roll:
    Good work on the puppy front, I think we might have cracked it. I do realise it is not a responsibility to take on lightly but sooo rewarding :D
    Yes I think the cafe might need the odd water bowl soon. Guess we will have to watch this space :?:
    Chris :wink:

ps come on chaps someone tell me how do I get rid of this edit/delete blurb at the bottom? you know I am a dinosaur. :oops:
  • skezier
    Hey Chris,

Slipper boy already has a bowl for tea in here :wink: He bought Little legs in for dinner the other night as well :lol::lol:

Ah now that particular pup has a new owner its the brothers and sisters that are still not homed....... Its not a huge jump really I have 6 dogs just now but its going down to 4 this week I think :shock: and I should go and see them shouldn't I? Anyone like to come as well :wink::lol:

I got slipper boy to consider....... and he would lead a pup astray but well I should just like my own dog and the one today, well he was absolutely lovely but the rest are black and white and thats the same as my old girl....... I shall just go and look..... :wink: Cris x
  • skezier
    Wow Jan they are lovely, really love the one on the right but the one on the left is a beaut, but I like Newfies and always will. x

Hi Lynn,

I have to do this and as Joy said (hi Joy x) its so hard and well I think when I held the pup and burst into tears well maybe it would help. I got a real soft spot for springers cus thats what my girl is and she totally won me round and collies..... this last one I took in is doing his best to put me off them :wink::lol::lol: Come on then we shall go have a look........ I might just have a look. It was his eyes today, you know that special condescending look springers do so well :wink:

I will get your tea and I actually feel a bit better tonight, its a gradual process but I will get there. ((( ))) xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    orr there lovely jan if i could get a pic of snowy dog on you'd love him.
    he's on face book though.
    big white n fluffy.my daughters put him on facebook but i still dont know how to do that.
    techno & me dont work.
    debs
  • angel1
    They are beauties Jan - all three of em!

When are you going to Spain? Can I look after em please?.......Ange
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    valval wrote:
    hi we have a pub so just thought would open a cafe u can have any cake u can imagine and will put on no weight also nice clean white table cloths u can stay as long as u wish and talk to your pals so what can we call it????

Hope you folks don't mind. Could'nt sleep so I came to see if you have any ovaltine. nope.
    Well I just made a small pot of tea but

I've left these here for you I do all my baking on Sunday's

2 date and walnut cakes with butter icing in the middle and cherries on the top.

A chocolate gateaux filled with all those nice things they tell us not to eat.
    I guarantee they will not make you put on weight

I've took all the stale bread and I'll be back with bread puddings made with spice tomorrow.

I hope you do'nt mind though, I have'nt made a mess can't stand an untidy kitchen. Left the key you know where.

Cris I think you are right when you told me to get another dog. I'll go to Battersea Dogs home and find another ill treated dog.

My old Suzie the one who was beaten with sticks when we said we were going to bed she used to get her toys and take them up stairs one by one.

The first time she found she could trust us we woke up one morning and found her in our bed laying on her back with her little front paws sticking out.
    trisher
This discussion has been closed.