Hello everyone looking forward to making some new friends

barbara01
barbara01 Member Posts: 85
edited 20. Sep 2009, 14:26 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Barbara I'm 53years old and was diagnosed 21years ago with ra. I am one of the lucky ones in that after the first few years my ra went into remission and has just reared it's ugly head again 4years again as I approached the menopause. Been really bad for the last 2years but resisted mtx, just really because I was scared . Had first dose on Sunday (have posted already on this think I did it back to front sorry!) any way sooooo glad I have found this site feel so very alone with my ra sometimes...no one can really understand unless they have it.. Have 2 children..grown up. 3 cats and a chihuHua. Looking forward to chatting to you all and hearing all your stories. Much love barbara xx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Barbara :D

A big welcome to you! I have read your other postings. :D This site is great and rather addictive, as I have found out, :lol::lol: in the few years that I have been posting on here. :D They are a great bunch of peeps all out to help each other as much as they can and offer loads of support too.

Look forward to seeing your name more around the different zones,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Barbara and welcome from me too! Even if it is the wrong way round it's good to meet you!
    You will soon feel at home here with us all and will see it is alovely place to be - some compensatuion for the dreaded RA :wink:
    You take care
    Toni x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hello and welcome!
    this is a really friendly place, lots of support and fun to!
    sue
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Hi Barbara, glad you found us, we are all very supportive. :)

Jan, you are definitely battie love x x x :!: :x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Welcome to site Barbera :D you wont be alone in this anymore this site is sooo adictive and everyone is sooo kind. :D
    I have Ra ive had it since 35 im 39 now i wish mine would go in remision :cry: but no joy there.
    If i had not got this i wouldnt be here and im so glad i have this site :D i hope u find it useful come into the chat room we will all be pleased to see you from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Barbara and welcome to the site, I have RA, OA and lupus. It is a very friendly site.

Deb
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    hello to you too,

I,m a bit batty too, don't feel alone, the worse feeling for me is having lots of people around me but feeling alone,
    so this site has been a godsend, I,m learning all the time picking up tips as I go. sharing my adventures ( I have quite a few)
    lots of un planned ones.

can I be your friend too. i,m 50
    well in oct i,m 50
  • barbara01
    barbara01 Member Posts: 85
    debbierose wrote:
    hello to you too,

I,m a bit batty too, don't feel alone, the worse feeling for me is having lots of people around me but feeling alone,
    so this site has been a godsend, I,m learning all the time picking up tips as I go. sharing my adventures ( I have quite a few)
    lots of un planned ones.

can I be your friend too. i,m 50
    well in oct i,m 50

Hi Debbie rose

I agree that you can be surrounded by people but feel very alone......I guess thats beacause no one really understands unless they too are suffering the pain and disablity...I get so frustrated not being able to do the things I used to...even opening a bottle or jar is beyond me some days.

I would like to thank everyone for their support I know I am going to make some good friends here.....

Barbara x