HI i'm a newbie

marionlouise
marionlouise Member Posts: 16
edited 3. Nov 2009, 08:03 in Say Hello Archive
My name is Marion and R.A and I have been fighting for the last twenty one years, at the moment he has the upper hand because my humira is refusing to join in the battle and letting me down. This is the first time I have ever joined a chat group , but feeling the need to speak to others like me, with a constant battle....:-)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Marion

Welcome to the forum but sorry you have had to find us. We all try to help each other and offer support so please do join us on the other zones. You will more than likely be able to help others on here too.

I will look out for you on the other zones.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Hello Marian...................

And welcome to the best site you wish you didn't need...

We try to help each other...... to cheer up, laugh with, feel sad with............just me here for each other..........

Join in as and when you wish..........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hello Marion

Welcome from me too. Only recently joined myself and have found it so helpful and supportive. Take care
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Marion

Welcome from me. This is a very friendly site and there is always someone to talk to. This is the first Forum I have ever been on. I have RA and OA.

luv trisher xx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hello and welcome marion.
    like others have said everyone is supportive and friendly here, it's a godsend for me!
    sue
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Hello all! I'm Carol, 34 yrs old and have just been diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. I have suffered with back pain on and off since i was 17 but only diagnosed about 8 weeks ago. The doctors didn't seam interested, they just told me i was overweight (which i am) and to rest if i got back pain. Thankfully now (hopefully) i have a better Dr. I am on pain killers and muscle relaxents which do easy the pain a little but i do still struggle. I have been told that nothing can be done for me. I still work fulltime but my days off sick are getting more and more frequent. I work in a mailing warehouse which requires 8hrs of standing, heavy lifting and bending. I must say my employers are being very good with me :D Some days i can walk around and it's as if nothing is wrong with me but at other times i can hardly move. I am in constent pain, sometimes very mild but i would say at least 90% of the time it hurts! What i'm trying to find out is can and how can i get registered disabled? I'm not looking for benefits as at the moment i am still in fulltime employment but i'm looking for recognition/proof if you like, of my condition.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hello Carol
    Welcome to the forum!Is that 1 in the morning you posted!
    If you have any questions,things you need to share or advice required then you have come to the right place.

Sorry that you need to join us.But at least we listen unlike many Docs and family and friends.
    Take care hope to seee you posting.
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    goood morning, I,m Debbie and my side kick mate is Dexter Doodle
    we all meet up in the cafe in and out during the day and then for us who don't sleep we go in for a cup of choccie late at night or early hours.
    seriously I'm still fairly new but found this site a god save I was a bit lonely and very depressed if the truth be known but have managed to make new friends and pick myself up. get yourself as involved with the site as much or as little as you please.
    Warning watch out for rehab!!! he a radical
    sharp witted gigolo. hes on a holiday from the site at the mo but no doubt he'll be back soon.
    lol
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Hi & Welcome Marion

Carol xxx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Marion,

I'm very new myself and also have RA. It had been in remission for about 17 years but since getting a Bakers cyst behind my left knee last June, it has been causing havoc in every part of my body (well, feels like it!)

Welcome to the forum!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Carol and Hi marion
    Very pleased to meet both of you :)
    I hope you will find the support you need here on this forum, which is brilliant! :D
    Toni x