Hi

zechariah
zechariah Member Posts: 222
edited 14. Oct 2009, 06:51 in Say Hello Archive
I am 42 years old and have Osteoarthritis in my knees and hips, I use a wheelchair on a daily basis.
I am deciding at the moment if I should accept the offer of more surgery ?!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Zechariah

Welcome to the forum. I do hope you will join us on the other zones. I am wondering what surgery you are being offered and I get the impression you have already had some operations, the way you phrased your sentence. I have had a TKRat the beginning of 2008 and am thinking of getting the other one done soon......

I will look out for you on the other zones. I am pleased that I found this forum about three years ago. I take an active part in it, because I find it addictive but it is a harmless addiction :wink::lol::lol:

Hope to see you around soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Hi Elna,

yep i have had 10 knee ops now, the last one was not great and is the reason I am now in this state, I have been told that TKR will not help by one doc and another has said we could give it a try, the problem is that I have now lost 3" off of my left thigh muscle and I think this will hinder recovery from TKR!

It is a mine field and I don't know where to get advice!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Zechariah

My goodness, 10 knee ops. You must call in on the forum and tell us your story. Even if we cannot help we may be able to cheer you up, if you need support.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.