re : upper arm pain

dollydaydream
dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
edited 26. Oct 2009, 19:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya everyone.
A little while ago someone was suffering with upper arm pain (from shoulder to elbows mainly) me as well .
I recently had a steroid injection in my shoulder as I couldn't lift my arm above waist level. It seemed to work for a little while after about 3 weeks, or perhaps it was a co-incidence. Anyway my rheumy nurse said the pain in my shoulders was the RA and the pain in my arms was most likely Fibromyalgia. I have OA as well so my painkillers have a lot of work to do ! :roll:

Hope that helps anyone else having the same problems.

luv :roll: Dollydaydream :shock:

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Dolly

Have not heard from you in a while. It is good of you to think of others and post that information.

My, your meds do have a lot of work to do with all those ailments.

Hope today has not been too bad for you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Hi, I was told the same thing a couple of years ago. I never knew about the fibro until I had the steroid injections. I assumed the pain was all PsA but of course once that was gone the fibro was no longer masked. I also have it in my left foot and shin. The best thing for that is to keep the limb warm and raise it if possible. I have found that to some extent it is improved with enbrel even though its not recognised as a treatment for fibro.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Sorry you have a lot of painful problems. Have you tried a TENS machine? I have quite a bit of shoulder and upper arm pain caused by my neck and I find it does give me some relief for a while. Have you had any physio, I have a few very gentle exercises and I'm hoping they will help, sometimes they do make me feel a bit better, but its a slow thing! I hope you get some relief, love Sue
  • dollydaydream
    dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Dolly

Have not heard from you in a while. It is good of you to think of others and post that information.

My, your meds do have a lot of work to do with all those ailments.

Hope today has not been too bad for you.

Luv
    Elna x

Today hasn't been too bad, must have felt a bit better cuz I tackled the dust around the house.Ha !

I have had Fibromyalgia for a long time. I had pains everywhere for years then one day saw a reference to Fibro on the web when I was looking up Arthritis. I burst into tears when all the symptoms matched, I thought yes I can put a name to how I feel. My GP said It was a "dustbin" name for unspecified pain. It wasn't until much later that I found out he had added it to my notes as a recognised 'ailment' .
    I have tried a tens m/c but it didn't work for me.I need something that covers my whole body I think---praps a giant plaster with lavender oil ??Now I know Im going loopy.
    This site is so great for info and moral. It's just sad to realize how many folk are suffering from all sorts of arthritis and its related problems.

by for now
    Dolly xx