It's a Miracle

annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 28. Oct 2009, 15:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had applied for DLA and got the response this morning and was rejected. The reason I will not satisfy the disability conditions on 07/03/10.

They obviously know something I don't know!

Anne

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Anne

They are getting right cocky and know it alls, aren't they? :shock: :? :? :x :x :x

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    HI Anne

Sorry 'them people' have rejected you.

Would be interested to know what the conditions
    are wouldnt you.

Hope you will ask what they are all about.

Chin up
    Kath
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Anne

Read the DLA stuff posted on this forum. It seems the government want this all to stop eventually especially for those of working age (under 60 etc).

Are you planning on appealing? A lot of people have been turned down on the first attempt. It seems the government's latest news hasn't filtered down to those who are supposedly doing the job. Did your GP support you on this?

Sharmaine
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    You can appeal - a lot of people are rejected on the first applicaion but when they appeal some are awarded it. I forget the figures but, its unbelievable, the number that get rejected first time round.
    Sorry you've done all the paperwork and have this result.
    :roll: Love Sue
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Don't you just love the attention to detail! I wonder if the same attention was paid when they looked at your application?
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    I was told the same earlier in the year, that I would be `fine` by July 2009!!! Anyway, i`ll go for my ct scan tomorow and go back in hospital next month...... blah.....blah..... walking stick......tablets..... hydro.....physio...... (sorry)
    Ihope you appeal, I wasn`t up to it at the time, and don`t see the point now. But I would be very interested to see how you go on if you do.
    Sorry you have had to go through this.
    NB
  • dollydaydream
    dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
    annebr wrote:
    I had applied for DLA and got the response this morning and was rejected. The reason I will not satisfy the disability conditions on 07/03/10.

They obviously know something I don't know!

Anne

Sorry you didnt get DLA but try again. I had a stroke (at 48yrs old) and was attending clinics twice a week for a year for physio and stuff when I applied for DLA and mobility allowence as I couldnt walk unaided. I was refused and when I told the sister at the stroke clinic she said Oh just put it straight back in again ---without any alteration because "they" always refuse first time around. I did and I got it !! How wrong is that ?
    best of luck
    luv Dolly :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    This subject makes me so angry. I was awarded DLA in 2007 whilst I was still working. First attempt, no fuss. Full mobility component and £17.00 care component.

Came up in July for reassessment and first attempt with forms,was rejected. I appealed and again, they refused the mobility component on the grounds that I can walk 80 ft with the aid of a stick. I will get £18.00 care component.

I am worse now than I was in 2007 in the fact that both hips are bad and on a bad day I am walking with 2 sticks instead of 1. I can't walk far. So now, I shall be stuck in the house all the time like millions of others like me. My dr and consultant were quite willing to write reports if the DLA wrote to them. But they said that there was no need :x :x

good luck.
    Joy
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    I must admit I am looking forward to the 7th of March the day they deemed I will be cured.

The girl I spoke to on the phone has started the appeal for my case to be looked at again and I have to submit a letter telling them about my condition.

I have FAI and OA and have had surgery on my right hip twice this year, there is no cartledge or soft tissue left at all in my right hip so will need a THR in the future, the left hip is the same, plus the OA.

The system is a farce, I will keep you posted on the outcome of my appeal.

Anne
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Anne

I've heard it all now, do you think they had a crystal ball somewhere? Can't wait to hear that you're cured :)

Love
    Vonski x