Remember me!!

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 28. Oct 2009, 15:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
Haven't posted for ages. Suffering with my hips and thighs. both so painful with pain spreading down both thighs and across back. extremely tired and haven't had the energy to come on here.
gets you down when you think you're on top of the pain, the tiredness, then working through it all, but this last couple of weeks has left me exhausted.
I'm getting off to sleep ok, but wake up any time between 2 and 5 a.m. pain is so bad. can't get out of bed on my own, no strength and the pain and stiffness stops me walking unaided for at least 20 steps to the bathroom.
My MTX has made me very nauseous since I increased to 20 mg. That's never bothered me until now. Do the injection on Tuesday and today I still feel yuk with a headache. Sore eyes too.
Wish 5/11 comes soon so that I can go and bend rheumy's ear about my carpul tunnel aswell. Wonder how many injections he'll give me this time. Wish he would organise another xray.
Helpjoy

Comments

• sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy

I remember you! I'm sorry to hear that you've been in pain and nauseous with the MTX. When do you see your GP again. You're so brave coping with this pain and really you shouldn't have to. What does you GP say?

I've been trying to get myself motivated to go out. I seem to be stuck in the house! I think I'll pop into the village for some bread and get some stamps for the Christmas cards. My life is dreadfully dull these days. I just thank goodness for this site.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

Regards
    Sharmaine
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Sorry you are not feeling very well. Not sleeping makes it harder to cope to. I hope your Rheummy comes up with something good for you, as coping like this must be making life really hard for you. Take care. Love Sue
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joy

I'm sorry to hear that you are so unwell. It is horrible when you can't sleep, and are in so much pain.

I hope your appointment goes well on 5th Nov. That's the same date as mine to see the consultant re. my knee. I'm still undecided about whether to have a TKR. I'm going to have a chat with my GP on Monday before I go to the hospital.

I hope you will sleep better tonight.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hi Joy.
    I'm sory you are in so much pain.i hope you have some help soon.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Joy
    I'm sorry to hear that you are so unwell. It is horrible when you can't sleep, and are in so much pain.
    I hope your appointment goes well on 5th Nov. That's the same date as mine to see the consultant re. my knee. I'm still undecided about whether to have a TKR. I'm going to have a chat with my GP on Monday before I go to the hospital.
    I hope you will sleep better tonight.

Joan
    thanks Joan. I don't think it will do any harm to get your name down for the op. You can always change your mind, but by putting your name down, it's a positive action and by doing that it might make you do something positive about that knee in time.
    I think I gave myself a shock by suddenly falling. the pain was hurrendous. . Why does my GP and consultant tell me that an MRI scan won't show anything up with my hips? If it is OA then it would surely, but at least it wuld help make a diagnosis.
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Joy

Sorry you're having so much trouble right now, hope 5th goes well and you get the help you need soon.

Love
    Vonski x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear what a rotten time you're having. With regard to your sickness/ nausea since you've increased your methotrexate, are you taking anti sickness tablets? There are many different types and your GP will readily preacribe them for you. Hope time passes quickly while you're feeling like this and that you get some relief soon.
    bye for now rita