Door to door selling

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 29. Oct 2009, 10:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why is it that even though I have a sign by my front door bell nforming the rest of the world that I don't want to hear about other peoples idea of God and I certainly don't ever purchase anything on the flippin door step I always seem to get idiots still ringing it trying to flog me electricity and gas!?,.
I work in the power industry at a certain station that has a few smelly hippies stuck up it's stack at the mo and after a long and painful day the last thing I want to do is start debating the pro's and cons of super usser double discount green renewable lemming powered turbine derived economy saving goat wind powered green planet saving electricity.
These people are a complete mystery to me, as they know all the figures and facts on how much I can save yet the idiots can't read a simple plastic sign hung RIGHT BY MY DOOR BELL!.
Hmm I wonder if I hung a sign by the bell saying risk of death by electrical shock if pressed they would still bother ringing the dammed thing?. :roll:

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    Why is it that even though I have a sign by my front door bell nforming the rest of the world that I don't want to hear about other peoples idea of God and I certainly don't ever purchase anything on the flippin door step I always seem to get idiots still ringing it trying to flog me electricity and gas!?,.
    I work in the power industry at a certain station that has a few smelly hippies stuck up it's stack at the mo and after a long and painful day the last thing I want to do is start debating the pro's and cons of super usser double discount green renewable lemming powered turbine derived economy saving goat wind powered green planet saving electricity.
    These people are a complete mystery to me, as they know all the figures and facts on how much I can save yet the idiots can't read a simple plastic sign hung RIGHT BY MY DOOR BELL!.
    Hmm I wonder if I hung a sign by the bell saying risk of death by electrical shock if pressed they would still bother ringing the dammed thing?. :roll:

:lol::lol: I want some of dat 'pecial eleticalthinngy......sounds such good value..........they may even pay ME you use it..

:roll: :roll:

Keep on your crusade.....we love it.

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    I went to our local police station and got a proper sign to put in the front window. The genuine sellers respect it and the rest just stand outside bored while I watch them on CCTV.

I don't answer the door at all to them. After a while they go away with a good part of their selling time wasted.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    When I was manic on high dose steroids I attacked a door to door salesman who had the cheek to pester me in my own home and then be rude to me on my door step. I threatened him with next door's police dog (she's a dog handler) and told if he ever stepped on my property again I'd prosecute him. He ran down the street with his tail between his legs.

Well... he was back in the street last week and saw me through the front window and I was ready. Thankfully he was sensible enough to leave well alone. So threatening them and acting like a lunatic really does work! :lol:
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    It's the eejits trying to get me to switch my power supplier over the phone that I can't stand. I already have the deal I want, and have no inclination whatsoever to change, but you have to be downright rude to get some of them to leave you alone.

AGYG
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    My mum once had a phone call from a kitchen salesman. She said she wasn't interested but they kept on and on that they wanted to talk to my dad. In the end she said 'ok call back later'.

They did call and my dad told them he isn't interested, again they kept on and on so my dad said 'ok, send someone round'.

Around 7 that evening the salesman turned up. My dad spent ages looking through the brochure. He chose a design and had it all measured up and costed. Then my dad changed his mind and said 'no, i like that one now'. So again the kitchen was measured up and costed. Then my dad said 'well what if i have that cupboard from that design, and that one from that design etc,etc' So again out comes the tape measure.

My dad kept the guy measuring up like this untill half past midnight then he said to the salesman 'Now p off, i told you on the phone that i wasn't interested'.

Ah, all that hard work and still no sale :lol:
  • mellman01
    I went to our local police station and got a proper sign to put in the front window. The genuine sellers respect it and the rest just stand outside bored while I watch them on CCTV.

I don't answer the door at all to them. After a while they go away with a good part of their selling time wasted.

Joseph 8)

Hey you clever so and so using a cctv system so you don't even have to get up from the sofa now that sounds like a good idea to me, now where do I get one ffrom?. :lol:
  • mellman01
    God I forgot I have a shotgun!, maybe I should just put a sign outside with a smiling pic of me with it(the shotgun that is), now that should do the trick the pic of my ugly face that is!.