CT scan done

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 29. Oct 2009, 15:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I had my 3d reconstruction ct scan this morning. Sounds very impressive, but it was all over in 15 mins! It took me ages to find the hospital , one I had never been to before. And I took the wrong turning off the motorway!! :roll: I was getting very stressed and worried about missing my appointment, but made it with seconds to spare!!
It was uncomfortable lying flat on my back, and still for that long, but its done now. Roll on the 13th Nov when I go in for my next assessment.
Hope everyone is doing ok x
NB

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nearly b.
    I'm pleased you've had the scan lets hope you get good resuilts.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi NB

Did they tell you anything after your scan or do you have to wait? They are not very comfy at all. I have 2 scans next week not really looking forward to them. Good luck with your appointment.

Love
    Vonski x
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Vonski
    No I got no results today, but he said they would be ready for when i go in on the 13th. i didn`t expect any today to be honest.
    I hope your scans go well, and it isn`t too painful for you. What are you having scanned?
    NB
  • vonski
    Hi NB

I always ask if they can tell me anything and sometimes they do but not others. I have an ovarian which I now have to have every 3 months, not nice but has to be done and the other one is a NM bone scan on both feet and ankles, never had one of those before??? I have to go for 9am and have a radio active injection and a scan that they say lasts around 15mins then I go away and go back 3hrs later for a longer scan, hope the beds comfier than CT one :) Do you know anything about this scan? I haven't got a clue.

Hope you get good news on 13th.

Love
    Vonski x
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    I have had the bone scan with dye before. i had a cannula put in, the initial scan done, then the dye injected. Then you just go away and wait!!! For the dye to reach the correct bits of bone! Then i went back for another scan. I think mine was just the usual ct scan table, but I can`t remember what I did for the waiting time! Sorry. memory not what is was!
    This scan today is part of the assessment, which will include the Ga thing. My scan results will probably only make sense to the surgeon so I didn`t bother asking. But when I have my gynae scans i always ask! Well, they can only say no can`t they!
    Take care x
    NB
  • vonski
    Hi NB

Thanks for that, sounds like the normal CT scan, was expecting something different as it can't be done at my usual hospital.

Not too long to wait for your appointment, hope they manage to sort something to help you.

Love
    Vonski x