Mobile phones

minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 30. Oct 2009, 16:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi,we were out yesterday in the car.
Observation is are people really glued to there mobile phones.
we sat waiting in the car at a pelican crossing & as the pip pip went off for the woman to cross & she was so busy talking that the pip pip went,then she decided to cross,followed by a man on his mobile.At this time the lights went to amber/green. :shock:

What will it be soon,people walking around with there laptops.
Its the same shopping,people just answer there phones & dont seem bothered that others are waiting to get there shopping.
Whats the world coming to.people these days are becoming robots.
The words that come to mind are,ignorant,selfish,arrogant & wonder why the get run over.
I pods,mobile phones,computers. :roll:
What happen to the old days when we managed & new nothing about technology.
A puncture on your bike was a problem.
Sorry for the rant but people these days,even in the cars you see people driving on there phones.
cant do without there technology,we used to have to use a phone box & there disappearing.
debs

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Debs

I agree the other day there was someone on a bike using a mobile phone :roll: The roads were busy too.

Love
    Vonski x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    We need more police really. They are suppose to be catching these people on camera at the same time they look for license crime and car crimes. You never here the outcome do you.
    When I am up in my studio painting (that sounds important, but it's only the small bedroom at the front of our house) I watch most of the traffic driving past and you see lots of people using mobiles.

joy
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 29. Oct 2009, 19:18
    Its not a rant Debs. It is an observation of today's technology. I do agree today people wonder why or whom they can blame for getting hurt, or run over

Thousands of years ago, your hubby would take a spear and come home with the dinner, not go to Sain'sbury's or any other food supermarket.

After the time it took to write this ALL supermarket trolley's were crushed as they no longer suited the time zone we are in now.

All hubbys have made spears out of the trolleys and they went to get dinner.

trish xx
  • minky67
    Hi,ive got my speared dinner in the freezer,a brace of partridge.
    skinned by me & gutted by me OH last night.
    Theres also a pheasant in there too & a rabbit for a pie.

Sorry to the veggies,but i was brought up that way.
    debs
  • trisher
    debs

He's been busy with his spear hasn't he. See you don't need to be all hi tech.

Dos'nt matter how you were brought up as long as you are healthy as you can be.

See in them days they never chopped the trees down they only kill wha they need. I don't expect they knew what veggies were. We had to wait for Walter Rayleigh to bring potatoes over here.

trish xx
  • minky67
    OH thank you sir walter Raliegh.
    potatoes,then they named a bike after you :shock: what was that all about. :wink:
    Now any suggestions for the partridge,pie,casserole or stew. :?:

Theres me complaining about techno,& im on here all the time,lost without you lot. :wink:
    debs
  • trisher
    Hi Debs

Pity my hubby is not here, he used to be a chef. I had a quick look on Google ther are quite a lot of recipes.

Is it nice? I've never had it?

See now look, we are all so used to this tech stuff, we cannot manage without it.

Sometimes it is good eg medicine operations. Where would we all be with these complaints we've got :P

love trish xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Debs

A teenage girl lives across the road from me, and I swear I have never seen her without her mobile phone glued to her ear. I have even seen her meeting up with one of her friends, who also had a phone glued to her ear, and I'm sure they were talking to each other.

It's a mad world, but three cheers for the technology which allows us all to meet each other.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • minky67
    Hi Joan i agree on that 1 .i was so anti computer in my house,now we have 2.plus stepsons laptop.
    we do all the banking,pay bills & google things all the time.
    Its a long way off from home phones,central heating,& betamacks vidoes.debs
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    So, why are we surprised that 86% of pedestrians involved in accidents admit to walking out into the road without looking.
    s035.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    As a 'youngster' at 34 i'm going to throw a spanner in the works on your rant on technology.

How many of you are using technology ie computer and the world wide web to post you rants online :?:

As for the way people use mobile phones, i do agree there. I do own a mobile but i'f i'm out and it rings, i will only answer it if it is a member of my family calling since it could be an emergency. If it's friends calling, i just ignor it (some friend eh) then get back in contact when i am home. I never use my phone when driving, even if there is an emergency call, how can i help if i've killed myself on the roads? Most of the time me and hubby are together so whoever isn't driving answers the phone but if i'm alone, the phone waits till i can call back.

All this technology is just the era we are bought into, we don't know any different. Even i am amazed at the amout of technology that has appeared since i've grown up and that the kids of today are using.

Carol X
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I'm 48 and I love me PC and all the modern developments in my hobbies but I must admit sometimes it ends up like sky TV, way to much choice with little content, a lot of the things we use we could well do without for example the e book, I mean why!?, , technology evolution is dramatic these day's and the faster it gets the farther away from being able to function without it we get, and one day in the not so distance future around 2013/2015 our power will probably start to go off due to demand outstripping supply, (I know this as I work in the power industry) then all the 21'st century gadgets will be useless, and as they say civilisation is only a meal away from anarchy, I remember a time when we had no central heating and cars could be repaired without rigging the thing up to a laptop to tell you what bit's gone wrong before it orders the thing from Japan for you.
    All I know if there was another war like WW2 most people under 45 would not be able to cope with rationing etc let alone the draft.
    And look at the inner cities multiracial gangs of kids running around with Mac11's and Beretta 9 MM's popping caps in each others ar@*s or as they like to say putting a bullet in your dome or splitting your wig!, and all because your god dam post code is different!, whatever happened to going out and making dens and climbing trees scrumping apples for gods sake, you know just being kids.
    These day's they all want to be on X factor, the parents are just as bad they encourage their talent less spawn to go in for it, some are so deluded I wonder if they should be allowed to drive or operate machinery, they should at least be made to undergo some sort of mental health check, care in the community eh that means their in our community with us and no one cares that they are, well no one in a position of authority that is.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    When I were a lass, livin in that ole in the ground up in Yorkshire, we ad no technology. Yer were lucky if y'ad two sticks to rub together to light a fire. Two sticks :?: :?: We were the lucky ones :!: Sum people only ad one, and they ad to dig ther own ol as well. These yung uns don't know nowt nowadays :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Ban everything rehab!, wot even beer chilli's and kebabs?!. :shock:
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Would you like us all to wear bacofoil helmets rehab? :lol:

DEb x
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    I admit to loving technology and I'm sat here with my shiny laptop now with my instant messenger running in the background. I am married to a software engineer though so it was inevitable I guess. That said, I never use my phone when driving and only answer it in public if it's someone like the nursery or my parents (who are ill). I actually get embarrassed when my phone goes off. Technology is great if used sensibly.

I am glad that I have the luxuries of technology otherwise I wouldn't have been able to set up my internet based freelancing work. I'm fed up of not being able to keep/get a job because my health scares people (not generally the arthur that scares people though, I'm a haemaphilliac as well!) so I've decided to work from home for myself. This would not be possible without technology and I'm grateful to be lucky enough to know how to use it.

Sorry, I have to defend technology or my hubby might divorce me! :lol: