Jeremy Vine what do you think of him?.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 2. Nov 2009, 12:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right I have some strong views on this chap but I won't say anything I'll just leave it up to u lot. :?:

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nope I'm not going to rise to the bait rehab, although for some unknown reason my trigger finger is starting to twitch!. :shock:
  • mellman01
    rehab44 wrote:
    It's your topic mate, you have to defend it or concede surrender :D

Oh bugger it I give in then!, got to go now one's orft to Henley on Thames for a spot of acupuncture don't you know, catch you later.
    PS do you have him on in the bunker then?.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi

I think he's rather dishy, in a slightly downmarket Jeremy Paxman way.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I'm not sure whether I like him but I enjoy the subjects covered on his programme and the cross-section of views.

One thing I don't like is that I'm sure he enjoys making people cry because it's 'good' radio in his view - if someone's on the verge of being upset he puts on his soft sympathetic voice and asks them more probing questions to see if he can bring on the tears - typical journalist really. :roll:

You may not agree but just listen next time an emotional topic is covered.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mellman01
    I was just wondering if it's only me that think he's a complete twerp, god I never thought I would wish for sir Jimmy Young to be put back on instead,at least he talked sense, Mr Vine is not a very clever man and treats people as if they are stupid when it's him who is, right that's me done I'm off to me mates for a few sherberts.
  • mellman01
    Hi rehab maybe I should just calm down a bit, it’s just something about him that really gets to me I must have missed the point with him, trouble is if I came across him up my local high street I would probable punch him.
    [TEXT DELETED]
    As for Wogan he’s OK I liked him on Eurovision that wont be the same now, one thing about him is although he compares on the charity children in need night on the Beeb he still gets £11k for doing so well as they say charity begins at home!, I’ve got a friend in the BBC and they are adamant on the night they also use his limo company for taxies and he charges the normal rate for their use.
    Oh one ray of light I like Ken Bruce though!. :lol:

[Hi mellman,
    I've edited some of your post as it makes a claim that could be contrued as libellous, which is against house rules.
    All the best,
    Moderator(T)]
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi
    Jezza Vine?
    he is the Jezza Kyle of radio 2!
    He's on my radio as we speak :wink:
    Toni (unashamed)
  • mellman01
    quote="frogmorton"]Hi
    Jezza Vine?
    he is the Jezza Kyle of radio 2!
    He's on my radio as we speak :wink:
    Toni (unashamed)[/quote]
    Hi frogmorton that's the guy how I long for Sir Jimmy to come back, as I write this he now twittering on about some stupid child'ish sound effect he's going to play in a minute, I do wish he would growup, ARGGHHHH!, right I've tuned him off peace at last!.

Oh one last thing the CB arial is all up and running now but I can't use it as my workshop is now full of kitchen cabinet parts as we have the builders is at the mo I used it the other week and got to Scotland Wales and Ireland all in one day not bad!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    mellman01 wrote:
    quote="frogmorton"]Hi
    Oh one last thing the CB arial is all up and running now but I can't use it as my workshop is now full of kitchen cabinet parts as we have the builders is at the mo I used it the other week and got to Scotland Wales and Ireland all in one day not bad!.
    Well done you are managing to get some distance!
    Glad it is up and running so well - hope the kitchen gets done very soon!
    Toni x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    i wondered if it was j. Kyle you were talking about, cant stand the man :x dont listen to radio 2 but seen him on tv, would like to punch him :lol: he just says the same thing over and over, a lot of what he says is true but he is still annoying :x think its the way he says it.
    anyway i just turn the tv over and hay presto he is gone :D unless my mum is here she likes him :roll:
  • mellman01
    Hi page35 thank god I’m not alone, just one look at his radio 2 home page is enough to get me started, he’s got that cocky one eyebrow raised Roger Moor look, say’s it all to me, it wasn’t bad when Kirsty Lang stood in for him but he just comes over as such a tacked less halfwit to me, some of the crass statments and questions he comes out with are breath taking,I'm sure his program is aimed at the average sun reader who’s had a stroke if you ask me. Well I've said me piece vented me spleen and probably upset half the posters on here but hey it happens!. :mrgreen: