Request for Rehab... Trick or Treaters!

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 3. Nov 2009, 03:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
Rehab, please could we let you loose to talk abut trick or treaters? Would love to hear your take on this :-)

I don't mind trick or treaters, sweets are cheap enough to buy and put in a bowl by the front door but I do protest when:

- I get trick or treaters 2 weeks beforehand
- The "children" are taller than I am
- They ask for money instead!

I have seen some cute outfits this evening though and some lovely face painting.

Nx

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm lucky on two counts g025.gif

1. I work in a sweet factory. (I'll say no more than that!)
    2. We only seem to get the little cute kids dressed up and knocking on doors here. I love to see them so excited.
    The older ones are too busy hanging around the off licence, asking people to buy booze.
    Chris
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    We don't get trick or treaters where we live but we did when i was at mums still. If they come round before halloween, we told them to come back later, if they were teenagers, we didn't open the door and if they weren't dressed up they got nothing. We only gave sweets to the youngsters (up to about 10yrs old) and only if they had an adult with them.

Carol X
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Luckily, we didn't get any this year. I don't like youngsters coming round and knocking on my door, especially the older kids. They can be so rude.
    It's another American custom which we seem to be making a big thing of commercially.

When I wasa Cub Scouter leader 30 years ago, we had Halloween nights where we leaders made a drink called Witches blood. Made of Orange Juice and Blackcurrant Juice. There was a fancy dress prize and all the old favourite games were played. My costume was a black leotard with black tights. I made a long red tail wired so that it would swing about. I had big red horns on my head. My first husband said that I should be a bunny girl and not dressup like in front of young boys. Would probably get arrested these days.
    No, we had loads of fun and it didn't cost a lot.

Joy
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    or you could do what we did last night???

SIT IN THE DARK, SHUT ALL THE CURTAINS AND TURNED THE T.V. DOWN LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :oops: :oops:
    SORRY FOR THE LITTLE ONES WHO SPENT AGES GETTING DRESSED AND THE PARENTS WHO SPENT OUT, BUT WE GET HORRID BIG KIDS HERE AND FED UP WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    :x

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I used to do that but now my son cant be quiet if he tried.So I bought two tins of chocs and didnt get one call!The dog next door frightened several groups away and most kids stayed on the other side of the road.So we are eating the chocs ourselves.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I give em laxative chocolate, by the time they have clocked it it's way to late :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I have always been tempted to do that(not to the little ones but the older ones who should know better)
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein