I daren't tell my husband...

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 1. Nov 2009, 06:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone :-) Sorry I haven't been on for a while but since my parents went to India, I've had to look after my own kids during half term! Anyway, what secrets do you keep from your partner, if any? Here are just my most recent ones:

I daren't tell my husband that:

- during this week, I have bought two pairs of knee high boots and another pair of shoes. Then I got some really cheap lace up pumps from Asda

- I have bought the girls even more clothes (it's their fault, they look cute in everything)

- When I had to go into work on Tuesday to do interviews, I was there all day not the half day I told him (he was on a long shift and my girls were with their cousins)

- my youngest is 6 next Friday (he does know that bit) and I've spent about £150 on a DS Lite, games and an outfit for her

Apart from my little secrets and my shoe collection (I think he has some idea about how many shoes I have but would go barmy if he knew exactly how many pairs I own), we have an open, honest relationship - really!

Over to you...

Nx

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 31. Oct 2009, 18:05
    Hi

Have you got a thing about buying shoes. I cannot think of the words I'm saying.

Is it when you see shoes, you really like them so you buy them?

Do you wear them? I mean, you don't just buy them and never wear them?

If hubby found out what would he say/do? My answer would be I have had them ages or I really liked them so much

Trish xx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, i can honestly say, hand on my heart, that the only secrets i ever keep from my husband are surprises like birthday gifts, or inviting his son over to stay as a surprise. We have a totally honest and open relationship. We work and live together so i couldn't go behind his back even if i wanted to!

I didn't marry him to decieve him. If i felt i had to keep things from him then something is wrong.

Just my opinion!

Carol XX
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    I have a 'tell all' relationship, I tell her all I think she needs to know.
    n110.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    sometimes you have to keep things from them for their own good.

like the price of roast beef. how many bottles of gin in a week,
    how much your last dress cost.
    how many miles on the car you,ve done,
    things like that.
  • trisher
    debbierose wrote:

things like that.

Bottles Of Gin :shock: How many bottles do you get through.

trisher x
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    trisher wrote:
    debbierose wrote:

things like that.

Bottles Of Gin :shock: How many bottles do you get through.

trisher x
    before I give up the drink back in july I was drinking 2 to 3 bottles at week.
  • trisher
    Hi Nina

How are you going to hide the Nintendo, from him. Your youngster is bound to show him especially if it is a birthday present. She'll /he want to show it everyone.

Couldn't that be a Christmas prezzie, get something else for their birthday.

As for the boots, just tell him you liked them so much, would'nt he be okay with that answer??

Lets us know what you do

love trisher xxx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    trisher wrote:
    As for the boots, just tell him you liked them so much, would'nt he be okay with that answer?? love trisher xxx
    Just tell him that they make your legs look sexy. Don't they?

And if he says, "No" then n010.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • trisher
    trisher wrote:
    As for the boots, just tell him you liked them so much, would'nt he be okay with that answer?? love trisher xxx
    Just tell him that they make your legs look sexy. Don't they?
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Hi, Nina.

I'm married to a man who rammels round the back of the shelves in the supermarket to see if he can save 2p on a can of beans, so I know just where you are coming from! What he doesn't know doesn't hurt him.

I recently bought myself a Nintendo DS, with Brain Training bundled in. He thinks I got it on e-bay. In actual fact, I am busy paying for it week by week on my Littlewoods account. E-bay scares him less than buying things on account. And in any case, he leaves me to sort out the money side of things - the arrangement is, he earns it, and I spend it! :D:D:D

AGYG