Sore cranium

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
Over the last few months, from time to time,I have experienced a soreness that goes from my left eyebrow and goes up to the hair line. When it is at it's worse, it reaches right over the head and has sometimes felt like shingles starting.

I have mentioned it to the drs and showed them the swelling that comes up. I have also told my Rheumy consultant but, as you know, everything calms down by the time you see them and they just look at you.

Have you ever heard of this and what do you think it might be.

I am on Tramadol, Pregabelin, started these about May. MTX 20mg
and folic acid ; suffer from high blood pressure. took it and it's normal.
I think it's been like this for just over 12 months now.
Joyful

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is an unusual symptom. I haven't heard of it before and I'm not going to start guessing what it might be.
    Maybe next time it happens, go to your GP and get it looked at straight away. You're right, often by the time we get to our hospital appointment, it's all gone away and you just get funny looks !
    Best wishes
    Val
  • joyful164
    Options
    This is an unusual symptom. I haven't heard of it before and I'm not going to start guessing what it might be.
    Maybe next time it happens, go to your GP and get it looked at straight away. You're right, often by the time we get to our hospital appointment, it's all gone away and you just get funny looks !
    Best wishes
    Val

It is now October, I did see GP and he said that it was due to the arthritis. just that. It is like a continual neuralgia
  • helpline_team
    Options
    Hi there,

It's always nice to hear how the questions forum members have brought have been answered. I'm not quite sure in your case whether this is a satisfactory resolution or not. I'm going to guess not entirely.

I wonder whether you have a good range of self-mangagement information? Or whether you might find attending a self-management group might be supportive?

If either of those ideas are interesting, or you'd just like to talk things over why not ring us on the freephone?

If your pain is not sufficiently mangaged, then a good referral to ask about is to a pain management clinic.

I hope that's helpful

Guy
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi there,

It's always nice to hear how the questions forum members have brought have been answered. I'm not quite sure in your case whether this is a satisfactory resolution or not. I'm going to guess not entirely.

I wonder whether you have a good range of self-mangagement information? Or whether you might find attending a self-management group might be supportive?

If either of those ideas are interesting, or you'd just like to talk things over why not ring us on the freephone?

If your pain is not sufficiently mangaged, then a good referral to ask about is to a pain management clinic.

I hope that's helpful

Guy

I ama going to one in Corby Nov/Dec thanks
    My GP says that the neuralgia type pains I am getting in my head are due to the RA.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    My gp says exactly the same thing.
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hello team

The RA in my cranium area has really taken hold over the last month and apart from the Pregabelin there isn't much else I can take apart from extra steroids and painkillers. I am seeing my consultant on the 5th and I am hoping he will investigate further.

As you can imagine it is affecting my balance and eyes quite a bit. Rather worrying. I am trailing the internet to find out more

Joy
  • helpline_team
    Options
    Helo Joy

I'm sorry to hear this is still giving you so much trouble and do ask your consultant to investigate further. I hope he can sort it out for you this week.

Please be careful what you read on the internet. There's a lot of scary stuff out there and much of it is - to put it mildly - inaccurate !

Best wishes

Val