The Sweet Shop

trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 7. Dec 2009, 16:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
HI

I opening a sweet shop, you can have all those toffees and sweets that takes your fancy, you will not put on any weight. :D

There's Turkish Delight, full of Eastern Promise, and then the delight ermmmccaannmSorry my hand went all of a quiver just thinking about it. :roll:

The are brazil nuts as as all covered in toffee.There are Jelly babies ( I like to bite their heads off first.)

There are Humbugs not a Scrooge in sight. Jelly beans, pick and mix and what ever you can think off.

You will never have to have your teeth looking at in a jar by your bed :mrgreen:

Bulls eyes, without the bull charging after you wanting them back :shock:

Just help yourself, put the money in he till.

Go down memory lane to the sweets you had and cannot get now.

trisher xx

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oooh Trish, have you got Flying Saucers and lemonade powder?
    Tiger nuts and proper liquorice Allsorts................

Give me five and I'll be there!

Annie
  • trisher
    Annie

Flying saucers Real lemonade powder, tiger nut and liquorice allsort, her Annie one large bag full

Trishxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    HI Trish :)

ooooh I remember those sherbert fountains my gran used to buy me where you licked the liquorice and dipped it in the sherbert. You just had to be careful not to sneeze so the sherbert went up your nose and nearly choked you. :shock: :shock:
    Chris :wink:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Trisher

Oh, Yummy, Yummy :!: :!: lovely gooey chocolates please, made with real cream :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Joan Annie Chris

help yourself just leave the money in the till

Trishxxx
  • annie_mial
    Does anyone else remember violet and rose flavoured chocolates? I haven't seen any for years - I used to get a box given to me each Christmas by my mum, she knew how I loved them.

Annie
  • trisher
    1/4 tabaco please trish and lemon bon bons as well ! :wink:

1/4 tobbaco for you could you please smoke outside the Forum though.

Here jan lemon bon bons with pleasure

trish xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi Trisher,oh how the mind is wandering down memory lane here.
    sherbit dips.
    Opal fruits(where did they disappear too) :?
    flying saucers(yum)
    does any1 remember space dust :?: Tomato flavoured Snaps(were 2p when i was at school but dont tell anybody) :lol:
    Bananas & shrimps.
    cola bottles.
    Love hearts & voilets.
    Oh, dont, now i want them all,ER how much do i owe you :?: :wink:
    debs
  • trisher
    annie_mial wrote:
    Does anyone else remember violet and rose flavoured chocolates? I haven't seen any for years - I used to get a box given to me each Christmas by my mum, she knew how I loved them.

Annie

Was they cream fondant inside them :)

trish xx
  • annie_mial
    Yes, Trish, a fondant filling - I think there were other flower flavours, too, but those are the ones I remember best.

Annie
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    are you so no calories if so can i have some brazil covered nuts
    and some chocolate eclares and some cinder toffee.
    oh and some whole nut chocolate
    ans some turkish delights
    that will do for now
    thank you
    trish

by the way your sheets are warmed tonight quilt turned down and night light on waiting for you
    I,ve pm you too.
  • trisher
    sweet tobago trish!!! :lol: ya know bright orange stringy stuff :lol:

Well I never seen that. Sweet bacci then Jan

trish xxx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Oooo Trish

Thank you for opening the shop. :D

Mmmm let me see.........

I'll have some chocolate limes, cough candy, winter mixture and mmmm i can't see any parma violets. My brother always said they taste like cheap perfume, the mind boggles as to how he knows :shock:

The sweets aren't all for me you understand a050.gif:lol:

Carol X
  • trisher
    carol101 wrote:
    Oooo Trish

Thank you for opening the shop. :D

Mmmm let me see.........

I'll have some chocolate limes, cough candy, winter mixture and mmmm i can't see any parma violets. My brother always said they taste like cheap perfume, the mind boggles as to how he knows :shock:

The sweets aren't all for me you understand a050.gif:lol:

Carol

Help yourself, there are liquors in the shelf over there for Christmas and boxes of chocci's.

Trish xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Trish,

Um I kinda boring and shall just stock up on various variations of purple wrapper drum playing gorilla choc, unless you have any Aztec bars, used o love them and was ever so upset when they discontinued them :lol::lol: Might have some Everton mints and some jelly babies as well please........ Money in the till and will be back later for more xx
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Sherbert pips,satin cushions,some black jacks,fizzbombs and do you have mars bars the size they used to be please.
    If so I#ll have those for hubby and the rest for me.
    Many thanks.

In the hairdressers last week we were talking about forgotten sweets,like galaxy counters,frys centre chocolate bars and the milk tray bar with a few varieties in it.
    I have a book by Robert Opie called Sweet Memories and guess what it is about.
    Do we pay in old money or decimal?
    Linda H 8)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie[/quote

Hi Annie,
    I think you can get them from Hotel Choc mail order.I used to love those sugar mice with the string tail and shrimps.You can get retro sweets from the pub I go to for a meal with my friends,bags of dolly mixtures,candy shrimps,lemon bonbons,milk mice...they are made for Gt.Ormond Street charity £1 a bag.I buy loads for the kids but then end up eating them myself.
    Trish I will be a regular visitor to your shop.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi Trish, milk bottle you got to have milk bottles!, a chap has just opened one in Wallingford and it's a flippin gold mine really great I have been in twice with my nipper it's always packed out he's coining it in and good luck to him I say!!. :wink:
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Thank goodness someone else remembers Galaxy Counters people have been making me think I am mad for years sayin they never exisited.

Can I have a Banjo?

you can still get a lot of the old sweets, sherbert fountains, flying saucers etc online and in certain shops.

Oh and Opal fruits are now called Starburst.

Anne
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Trisher.
    you can get flying s in sainsburys
    have you heard of ice breakers they were bars with mint bits in.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • trisher
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Trish,

Um I kinda boring and shall just stock up on various variations of purple wrapper drum playing gorilla choc, unless you have any Aztec bars, used o love them and was ever so upset when they discontinued them :lol::lol: Might have some Everton mints and some jelly babies as well please........ Money in the till and will be back later for more xx
    o the time you used to have

Cris

Aztec bars we have plenty, help yourself.

The price's are al back the way they used to be.

I can just about remember my parents talk about 3throupenny bit.. and then the Farthing, and penny.
    That's what you pay now . CDM as thick as it used to be. Kit Kats too. :)

trish xxxx
  • trisher
    Cris

You can get everything you want. Look on the counters all the sweets you used to be able to get are here.

Best of all we go back in time, the prices are as they used to be.

CDM, and Mars bars, are as thick as they were.

Trish xx
  • annie_mial
    tkachev wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie[/quote

Hi Annie,
    I think you can get them from Hotel Choc mail order.I used to love those sugar mice with the string tail and shrimps.You can get retro sweets from the pub I go to for a meal with my friends,bags of dolly mixtures,candy shrimps,lemon bonbons,milk mice...they are made for Gt.Ormond Street charity £1 a bag.I buy loads for the kids but then end up eating them myself.
    Trish I will be a regular visitor to your shop.
    Elizabeth

Hi, Elizabeth, thanks for the info. I'll check it out in time for a Christmas treat (for me!).
    One of my brothers was able to get them for me for a couple of years, but the shop where he is closed down - I've been chocci-less for the last 5 or so years.

Annie
  • trisher
    Linda

You pay in the old money. The difference is you get bigger bars of CDM, and all other bars that have become smaller but the price i dearer. :!:

Have what you really fancy, tiger nuts, shoe strings. The toffee's tasted much creamier,

I found last night Woolworths do sell their sweets and you can buy all the sweets they used to sell.

Trisher xxx
  • maccajo
    maccajo Member Posts: 47
    OMG,I'm salivating at all these, sweet treats,
    mmmm... remember sweet peanuts and how they cut your tongue.
    toffee logs for a penny... they have took Thorntons chocolate covered toffee's away too :cry:
    I used to get 2p pocket money and buy a bag of sweets every Saturday.
    jox