I've decided to ...

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 26. Nov 2009, 14:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
delboy wrote:
... take out some of my anger on a plumbing company who plumbed some new radiators incorrectly. It cost us a lot of extra cash we can't really afford so this morning I have been drafting a letter of claim to include damaged for stress and inconvenience.

I shan't be posting it yet though as I will wait until I am in a calmer frame of mind and reread it and take out the offensive bits. :lol:

Off to the café now for lunch. icon_eat.gif

Hi Delboy

Well done you :!: :!: Oh, to Hell with good manners, you let em ave it :!: :shock: :shock:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    ... take out some of my anger on a plumbing company who plumbed some new radiators incorrectly. It cost us a lot of extra cash we can't really afford so this morning I have been drafting a letter of claim to include damaged for stress and inconvenience.

I shan't be posting it yet though as I will wait until I am in a calmer frame of mind and reread it and take out the offensive bits. :lol:

always a good idea, having myself posted some things which I have later regretted! :oops:

but good to say something and not just suffer in silence - done that too :oops: :oops:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696

good idea delboy
    a095.gif

But didn't it feel good to get the offensive bits down on paper :lol:
    Hope you get it sorted.
    Chris
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hi delboy

Have you re written that letter? Good idea because you do not want the plumbing company suing you. Send them a really polite and well set out letter, listing all the things that are wrong.

If they then come back to you with a 'no, not us we've done the correct job etc. etc. and won't play ball, you go to Trading Standards and get them to put the boot in.
    I worked with Trading Standards during one of my contracts for 14 months and learnt a lot about what they do and I feel that this might be your best bet.
    joy