rupture in finger

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
Hi

I went to the hospital today, and was seeing the hand surgeon for an op I'm having soon.

While there he looked at my other hand and said that I would need splint on the fingers.

The little Pinkie finger is out of shape at the top and he said that it would soon rupture. I had so many tests to have done. I did not go into it further.

Can or have you ever heard of a finger rupturing?

Trish xx

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,489
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Trish

We can't give an educated response to this question as it's obviously something only the hand surgeon that's treating you can give a definite answer to. From lay point of view, my understanding is that it's not the finger itself that can rupture, it's the tendons or ligaments. This is usually treated successfully by splinting.

Sorry I can't shed any more light
    Best wishes
    Paul
  • trisher
    Options
    Hello Trish

We can't give an educated response to this question as it's obviously something only the hand surgeon that's treating you can give a definite answer to. From lay point of view, my understanding is that it's not the finger itself that can rupture, it's the tendons or ligaments. This is usually treated successfully by splinting.

Sorry I can't shed any more light
    Best wishes
    Paul

Paul

Thank you for replying. I thought for a moment my finger was about to explode (only joking)

I can see that you may be right, as it is so bent over at the top.

many thanks trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    I had the tendon in my left thumb rupture (Eaten away by Arthur) and had a replacement (From the middle finger*) grafted on. A few weeks in a cast and it's been fine since.

*There's a spare ligament there, is'nt nature wonderful. :lol:

Delboy

Thank you for that info. I can see that is so bent over and the pain, well.!

It's supprising how much of our bodies can be used for parts that wear or get eaten away.

Many thanks

Trish xx